• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
SSSTaxidermy

Maple Lake this year and past

SSSTaxidermy

How was the bite on Maple lake this year thus far? I used to spend countless hours back in the day when I was a lad, pulling in slabbies, with my dad and/or grandpa. Haven't fished that lake in maybe 15 yrs. Wondering if it is still holding up strong...I'm going to make an effort to fish it next year.

River Rat (dan)

2 of us filled out saturday in 30 mns off shore.

Dock Boy

Whats the average size.

River Rat (dan)

varied alot, nothing huge we threw back 6 or 7 that where too small

HunterLee

I take it maple is open??? Good to see there are some fish in it. I was there a few times last spring, but they were way to small to keep. It gets hit hard and lots of smalls ones get kept.

MN Mike

Not sure what has happend the last couple days but the ice had pulled away about 50 feet on Sunday by the access, otherwise it was pretty well iced over for the rest of the lake that I could see. Someone was taking advantage of those 50 feet though, they had launched the boat at the access, might have been doing a little testing...... maybe.

It was open for a ways in front of the inlet though.

Mike

Fish Toys
Mike was it you testing you’re new boat or maybe the water wasn’t deep enough cry.gifgrin.gif

MN Mike

No, that wasn't me, mines still stuck in storage, can't seem to get any decent weather to pull it out and look it over.

Maybe after this NEXT SNOW STORM! cry.gif I can make some headway.

Fish Toys
Just had to razz you a little. grin.gif Went to Mentor today and took 41 from 59 and Lake Sarah still had ice and Maple had huge whitecaps. Sounds like we are going to get some snow and a winter storm warning now till tomorrow. It’ll probably start getting late to get the wheat planted. \:\(

Milkdud

How is the crappie action heating up?

River Rat (dan)

you can dang near catch em in landing nets they are just thick this year..

jgeatz

Just wondering if Maple lake is ice free, And if you know if Union has opened up yet?

MN Mike

Union's about 95% open, some ice floating in and out of the bays right now on the west side. I would imagine Maple is pretty much open now, I haven't been by there in a few days though.

Mike

zpinca

maple is completely open. i brought my 3 year old out on tuesday to try and catch some crappies. we were only out about 2 hours, but couldn't get a bite. we had the boat out for the first time this year, and cruised around the whole lake.