• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

If you want some fun slab fishing right at dark in the far north western end there is a 35' hole has some nice 12+ if anyone interested.

Ummm ... Yeah.

A lake like that will be killed in one season.

Dead?

everyone here needs to remember that this website was created to SHARE information. While it may not be appreciated by some to reveal specific spots or lakes on an internet forum, let's not chastise any members for doing so.

Otherwise I will instruct you to read the Forum Policy again. Nobody wants to send anyone to the penalty box. Let's play nice here.

I agree, kind of pointless otherwise. If I was a better fisherman I would let you know where I am catching them, however I have not been. ERR !!! But I also know that not everyone is responsible and can be a good outdoorsman when getting this info... Hard to know who to trust I guess. Good luck the rest of the season, heaading to lake of the woods friday......

Ummmm yeah, that's what FM is about, if he's willing to share his spot, SO BE IT. Although I'm a little greedier and wouldn't give up exact locations HA HA!!! While we are on the subject, that's exactly what happened to my honey hole, One night they were biting, the next the whole community was out there and hasn't been the same since. Moved over a couple hundred yards and bam!!! A new honey hole. I'm sure the crowd won't be to far behind. But that's ok with me. Boy they are really biting good out on South Twin.

Thanks guys, that's the kind of attitude we like to see here. That's what makes FM so great!

Leech, I hear you about the community finding your honeyhole. If if you don't think anyone is watching you, I'm sure they're out with binoculars. That's what happened the last time I went out to one of my crappie spots. Everyone and their grandma had been there, where before there was not a single hole drilled there nor even a permanent house. What can you do? Have fun out there and keep your lines tight! \:D

I agree to a point. It is very good to share information, but ...

I don't think it is good to kill a small lake with fishing pressure.

I know I am in the minortiy but that is how I feel.

Hitman

Originally Posted By: Dahitman44

I don't think it is good to kill a small lake with fishing pressure.

I know I am in the minortiy but that is how I feel.

I don't think anyone disagrees with you hitman.

The point here is that Fishing Minnesota was created to share information. That's very clear in Rick's intentions. Whether or not a member wants to post specific lake information is entirely up to them. But members will not be allowed to attack or chastise any member for sharing or posting any information here. I don't believe information posted here was to intentionally ruin any resource. It was given solely for other members here to have a good outing.

This is a family oriented site and was designed for members to have some fun. Anybody that is here for any other reason than that is not welcomed to post here. The rules and guidelines for posting in this forum are clearly stated in the forum policy. Let's keep it fun.

Now let's move on.

that was my point just to give a good time to you fellas, And that isn't my honey hole it's just so you guys can have some fun Don't worry i'm still a traditional fisherman that won't give up the best place

Yeah, but you just gave up a hot spot on a hot lake that cannont handle a lot of pressure? Anybody notice the number of hits on this post and anybody been by there to count the trucks on this hot spot. Lets just hope 114 acre lake can handle an EXTRA amount of anglers.

Dead --

Glad you can see my point along with everyone else's point. They all do make great points -- we should NOT belittle or chastise anyone for just trying to share information.

That was NOT my point -- Pan Man -- sorry if you thought that.

Good points, My Brothers.

Thanks

Hitman

No offense -- but I don't want to kiss you. Better talk to Mrs. DeadHead.

We were out in the cold yesterday on Silver and got absolutely nothing. The highlight was seeing a sucker on camera swimming along the bottom, and having some roach-like thing swim up into our hole.

Dog -- not good.

Funny about the bug-thing. Laughed out loud.

Shoulda snagged the roach and used it as bait...?? Or maybe that bug is what scared the fish away.. Never fished on Silver, but if anyone does any snorkeling, there's a bayliner drivers side window on the bottom of the lake that came off our boat a few years ago.. Never been back to look for it. Probably buried in the muck now..Don't ask how it got there..

Originally Posted By: Dogwatch
The highlight was seeing a sucker on camera swimming along the bottom, and having some roach-like thing swim up into our hole.

probably a predacious diving beetle. they are mean devils! don't put you finger next to their pinchers

Quote:

they are mean devils! don't put you finger next to their pinchers

Do you speak from experience Deadhead???

Originally Posted By: eyehunter

Do you speak from experience Deadhead???

thankfully no. I actually listened in my ecology class when we covered aquatic invertebrates. Another one to watch out for is a hellgrammite, also called a "toe biter".

I was with on this journey with dogwatch, not fun at all. That roach thing, was nasty looking. I looked away for about 20 seconds and he was gone, TG we were not using my house. We left early and tryed some geocaching, at least we caught something then. We will definately try a different lake next week. the Perch