• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FISHING REPORT (2/22 - 2/24)

Meaney

Showed up friday morning fished through sunday and caught zero fish.... and I drove 6 1/2 hours from Rochester. \:\(

I understand that there are "Slow Bites" but I was really surprised to not pull out one fish. Oh well... the bottle bass were biting \:\)

Holy B***s....now that is a slow bite!!! Where were you fishing out of...South Shore or Westwinds/Waskish???? A buddy just got back and mentioned that they couldn't catch a crappie, but managed 54 walleyes....most too big! They were out of the Minnow Station road about 7 miles.

Are you sure your holes were drilled completely through the ice?? That is almost unbelievable. I have heard of an overnight without a fish but 3 days of fishing on Red without a fish......WOW. I was up last weekend and thought 5 crappies, 20 walleyes, 6 pike, 10 perch among 4 of us was bad. Fri thru Mon.

hahahahaha!! yea they were drilled straight through \:\)

As I sit here I still cant believe that I didnt catch anything..

Oh..I should also say, I was up there with 3 friends and between them they got 1 slab and 10 eyes(all around 16 inches)

Well thats not the report a guy wants 2 hear,were ya guys at least marking fish on the vex?Coming up March 10-12, sure hope the crappies will turn on,at least alittle bit.THATS FISHING

I was also there this past weekend and we did manage a few crappies but we moved and did not mark that many fish. Yes, the general report was a very tough bite but a few fish were had.

Its all gona become slim pickings as soon as the walleye season ends,gona be in one of Johnny P's 6man in a few weeks,Hope he pulls one out of his hat for us,KEEP THE FAITH,CRAPPIES ARE COMING

If someone can pull a bunny out of the hat, you are with the right people with Jonny P and Kelly.

We were up the 21st thru 24th. We caught fish each day, many overslot walleyes, 2 crappies and a few nice perch. We were out over 7 miles out off of Hillman's road.

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
If someone can pull a bunny out of the hat, you are with the right people with Jonny P and Kelly.

Its not so much a bunny out of a hat as it is a crappie out of a hole. I think the bunny trick my easier somedays. \:D

Definitely a slow bite right now... we were up the 23rd and half of sunday in unbelievably nice weather but the fish weren't very cooperative. Heard the same from everyone else around us. Started out at 7 mile on Sat morning and went in to 3.5 mile Sun morning. 3 of us caught 9 walleyes and a perch in a day and a half of fishing. Mobility was an issue with all the snow on the lake but we drilled lines of holes out away from the perm without success. Hardly any day bite to speak of. 1 perch and 1 walleye while the sun was up. The rest after dark. Light bites as well. Missed several hooksets and had a number of fish take it a few bells and let-go. Good to hear a few guys picking up a few crappies here and there. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the upcoming weeks...

Friday during the daylight was D-E-A-D. Our first line finally went down at 11:30 that night and up came a keeper eye. We managed a total of 2 keeper eyes and 1 slab that night. Saturday we drilled holes, and drilled holes, and drilled a few more and they produced 1 perch.

Moved the wheelhouse 50 yards before the "night" bite on Saturday night. Saturday evening/night the action picked up. 2 keeper eyes bam bam 5:30 that evening. Sat and watched the flasher and would have the fish come in but not bite. Switched lures until one of the dead lines went down and up came a crappie. Switched the other lines to the same presentation and the fish were more cooperative. Ended up with 4 slabs, 1 keeper eye, and 3 throw back eyes. Action stopped at 2:30 that night. Lines never went down again.

Drove up Friday afternoon and started fishing about 3:00 a mile out on Hillmans road in about 11 fow. Fished for about 4 hours in 2 spots and caught 1 18" eye. Marked very few fish. I fished LOW on Saturday, but went back out out on Hillmans road early Sunday morning, again about 1 mile out. Fished for about 3 hours, and got 1 dink, 1 20", and lost another similar sized fish just below the hole. Again marked very few fish.

Very disapointing but I take solace in the fact that I'm not the only one. I'm glad it's so easy to keep beer cold when ice fishing.

Looks like mixed reports; we had a group of 8 guys up Thurs. to Sunday. Crappies are still there and in good numbers. Smallest one was 13.5 inches while we did have a few over 15. Eye's we slowwer than normal which suprised me. We still had plenty for a fry on a beatiful friday afternoon. The Crappies take work and effort now. We drilled over 100 holes each day. We also tried SEVERAL different presentations. Anyway still my favorite 3 trips of the year. Not always going to catch a ton of fish. Thats why it is called FISHING and not CATHING. That needs to be understood to aprreciate the art of this sport before invest the time and money into this wonderful sport.

Was up Friday afternoon through Sunday a.m. out of Roger's road in a rental, however we didn't have the ability to move. Four eyes from 14-16 inches on Friday - no bites all day Saturday until about 6 pm. one eye at 17 and 1/8 at the max. it sure was tough to throw that one back after measuring 5 times. nothing after that. several lookers but couldn't get them to bite. still a great time. will get mobile next time.

4 Guys fished Friday afternoon through Sunday morning renting with Club Red. Caught fish in the sleeper house but also had to be mobile through out the day to find active fish. Found both crappies and walleyes. Caught a total of 8 crappies(plus lost a few at the hole) and 24 walleyes. A couple small walleyes and a few over the slot. Had two great fish fry's and went home with our two walleye limit each.