• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

First time on Gull.....

We're heading up to Gull this weekend fri. thru Sun. to try for some walters!! None of our group have ever fish it on the ice and want to see what the story is? There is so much structure on the lake we are having a tough time deciding where to start! Are any certain bars producing better than the others- north or south- deep or shallow? Anything will help.

Thanks guys-

SV

I have had decent luck all around grassy point in the 20 to 25 foot range. I was fishing all of last weekend it was slow but i did manage a huge 27 inch walter. Yes its still in there. If you stop at Sportland Bait they can show you where grassy point is, and they are always friendly. Good luck have fun and try to put as many back down the hole as ya can.

Thanks for the info SJS. That is some pretty nice looking structure along the northwest side of grassy point. I wouldn't mind getting to put back a 27"er myself!!! We only keep what we'er going to eat(no dinkers)!!! I'll post how we do on sunday-thanks again...

Our group was actually thinking about trying Gull for the first time this weekend as well (Friday - Sunday). We have it narrowed down between Gull or North Long (if we head to Brainerd) otherwise Reno or Mary (if we head to Alexandria).

We will probably make our final decision Friday morning.

gull would be my choice havent had nothin on north long. last night on gull we got two 17in. 1 pout in 23fow.

Been on Gull pretty much all winter in about 30fow. Been doing real good the past few days. If I were you, Gull Lake would be my first choice.

2 Da Hunt -

Is your name Jason? I think I know who you are. Maybe see you on the ice this weekend?

I have been doing alright on North Long but the size is'nt the best. Lots of 11-12 inch keepers. Most fish I have released have been because they are on the small side, not the large.

Fished Gull Friday PM through Sunday AM. Did not catch a walleye over 13" or a perch over 9". The rock bass and eel pout did bite well.

Even with poor fishing, we still had a fun weekend.