• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lazer auger on MAG head?

seven7

Question

Does anyone know if a 7 inch Strikemaster Lazer auger shaft will fit on a Strikemaster MAG 2000 auger head? Thanks for the help.

5 answers to this question

It should they seem to be the same size shaft. If you are buying a new one take your head or at least measure the size of the shaft, and measure the opening on the auger. You could also call any dealer and ask them they can tell you.

Just took off the original Auger bit on my Mag III Plus and put on a 8 inch lazer works great and should work on the Mag 2000 as well.

I have an 8" lazer drill on a mag 2000 head and it works great. Popped tons of holes this year.

I will also concur that it will fit. The only difference between the mag2000 and the lazer mag/224 head is the color of the engine guard (black vs. red)

Last year when I picked up my "224" from D-Rock, the augers he used to drill holes all were the mag2000. I paired a new 224 auger bit up with the mag2000 head with no problems. Maybe this is a little picky, but I gave Strikemaster a call and they sent me out the new engine decal for the lazer 224 and I removed and applied it to the engine. It definitely looks more "mean" with the black engine guard with the new decal. Plus, (hopefully this NEVER happens) but if someone were to "borrow" my auger on the ice, hopefully they'd think twice as my exact "setup" is not something you could pick up at any store.

I have a 10 year old Mag 2000, and last year brought it to Strikemaster in Big Lake to have it upgraded to a 7" laser.

They had a heck of a time removing the old auger, but they were able to work on it while I waited. That company has great customer service!

I think it ended up costing around $120 or so, and it works great.