• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake

united jigsticker

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• moby1

• EBass

• local boy

Rick has been busy so I emailed fishnAddict. I hope he doesn't mind me giving out his email address [email protected]

There you go Medman. Now lets see these 20" bass and the big Northerns you talk about.

out last night. Two bass 15" and 4 that were about 7". Also caught 2 northerns under 25". Park Police were out in force when I left. One at the launch checking vehicles and trailers (writing tix) and on the way out one behind the entrance hut running a radar gun on people coming down the hill to leave. Also a dnr guy sitting and reading a book at the launch. About 4 or 5 boats were putting in when I left. Sunset was in 20 minutes according to the dnr guy.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time to email Three Rivers Park district. That is ludicrous!

I called the maint. facility at French Park and left a message about the battery and get down there and pick it up before it gets knocked in the lake. If I were going down there soon I would just pick the **** thing up myself and take it to Batteries Plus.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Here's another pic:

niewind-eric-22walleye.jpg

If you want to get your pics up faster, I recommend that you use image station, read the faq's here and learn how to post them yourselves for quicker posts. At times I get very busy and your pic could end up being a while, like Eric's here.

I don't mind a few, but several dozen gets to be very time consuming for me.

battery was gone but in it's place (actually closer to the shore end) was a pair of shoes. I am one of the few stuck in town this weekend. I'll probably be on sarah tomorrow morning and on med sunday or monday morning.
Med man- in an earlier post you said to drift over humps with bettlespins...etc. Does that include the humps that come up high enough where weeds grow to the surface or deeper humps. Still havent figured out the fish. I end up getting frustrated and hitting the old standby weedlines and pads. No ones fault but mine.
Good Luck

Moby, you can drift any of the humps. I've caught fish on all of them, but some do produce better at this time of year. The big weed hump in front of Harty's tends to produce best in the spring and early summer. The humps with a sharp drop and quick access to deep water produces best when the water starts to cool off. Fishing the drop offs are going to produce the most fish. You'll pick up a few few, mostly small northers. But most of the fish will be on the break.

Sorry, I meant to say that you can fish the tops of the islands, but you'll only catch small northerns and mostly smaller fish.

Couple today off the pads or just back in the holes. Tim L did the best with the inline spinner. My couple were small small. Tim had a couple 15's. Hitting sarah tomorrow morning.
Local Boy how was the canada trip? I never did make it to Indy yet.

moby1,

we did good but not as good as we wanted, our group still caught 400 eyes in one week, northern fishin was bad, but the skies wehre hot, i caught a 40 incher and my firned got a 32 incher and saw 4 other monsters all in one day.

That is great local. Nothing that hot going around here latley ( at least in my boat). Tim L and myself did have a fun morning on sarah. We caught 3 northerns around 28 (and quite a few that were smaller), couple decent bass and we cranked on the crappies for a while. I think we probably caught around 20 - 30 crappies. Most were alot smaller than I averaged in the winter but one was around 13. It was a good day. Fished until 1. Going to try Eagle tomorrow morning. What was the biggest eye you or your party caught?

moby,

sounds like u had a fun time on sarah, the biggest eye i think was a 26 incher, we caught a lot of 18-24 inchers with a few samller and a few bigger. fish med from 1 to 6 tonday caught 8 bass between 12 and 17 inches and a few 7and a half inch sunnies. anyone catching any crappies on med, i cant find them.

tim,

i am not old enough to drive so the only lake i can fish is med, if i could drive i would be out on sarah crappies for crappies or whale tall for northerns, nut for now i am stuck one med.

Geez, I thought I was the youngest one on this thread. I went shore fishing yesterday, didn't feel like taking out the boat. I caught a 4 bass in an hour fishing from the west med park dock. Everything was between 1-3 pounds. Not bad, but I also caught some fairly large perch which suprised me. Most were between 8-10 inches. Which for perch are good sized, or they are to me at least.

! small nort and 2 small bass yesterday on eagle. Local boy - from our experience on sarah and talking to another fisher on Eagle yesterday, crappies are shallow. We found them in 7-10 ft. The guy I talked to yesterday said they found them on tonka in anything over 2 feet. Yes 2 feet out in the open. If i get a chance you can come out to sarah with me sometime. I suppose school starts today. Are you able to go out afterwards or is it weekend only with school in session? I have to take you out on Indy to so you can show me a thing or two about fishing the eyes. Hope you dont mind a small boat although you know what I have since we bought it from your dad :+)

moby
long time no chat. This long weekend put me to work. My buds and I put on a new/used trolling motor (foot control) and ran new power cable. So I took it out on Sat night then the dang motor kept killing on me. Then it wouldn't even start.

Messed with it last night and still couldn't get it to go. Then a light in Rob's head went on and he adjusted this throttle thing as it was getting stuck at this certain point. Well after some adjustments it ran and didn't kill.

So we quick dipped to Tonka and put a load on it (while still on the trailer) and it didn't die. So tonight will be the test.

Are u going out tonight? I am. Oh and you should see Bill's 17' Stratos he picked up. Worked on that over the weekend to. Da thing flys!!

YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! That's what you'd hear if you saw me flying by. Just got off of 'Tonka, couple of decent fish and some lil' guys. It was pretty windy and choppy but was alot of fun blastin' over the waves.
Good Luck Ebass!!!
Good Fishin'

What are you talking about Bill? You're going with tonight.

Wind from the south blows the bait in the fishes mouth. So I've been told. May blow you off the water to. HEHE.

Ebass hopefully it goes well. I am sure it will. I had a fun weekend and fairly productive but didnt target bass much. Crops were hitting cranks on sarah. I told Tim its all in the smoke signal and I was right. Hit 3 lakes in 3 days. That is pretty much unheard of at my house. Taking friend out to med hopefully on Thursday. What are the specs on the stratos? Sounds like now that billebazz has a nice ride the ol river runner isnt big enough. Just kidding bill.

Med Man just curious if you were kidding or at serious about your age. I always think a guy like Sean Connery if you ever saw the move medicine man. If you were serious, it may be before your time. I think it was 80's or possibly early 90's. If you are very young I am inpressed by your knowledge and catches.

Moby, the movie Medicine Man came out in 1992. Secondly, I'm not really young, but I'm not old either. I just turned 19 less than a month ago.

You are definetly a young fingerling, I would love to 19 again....or maybe not. Moby I've got a 17' Sratos with a 115 Johnson and a brand new Minn Kota Maxxum 65 lb. thrust, this boat cut through the waves like Freddy Krueger slices, real smooooth, I LOVE IT. Trolling motor is a monster, was out on 'Tonka yesterday and was going through 2-3 foot waves pretty easily. Nice to finally have a boat, thank god Ebass's boat is up and running. Had a great night last night with Ebass he got 3 nice bass and missed 2 humungous bass. Ill let Ebass explain. Later..
Good Fishin'

Congrats B-E-B, Hope you have better luck with your johnson than I do with mine.
Wait, that doesn't sound right grin.gif

Anyone on here do any Waterfowl or upland hunting in the cities area, or know where I can get info. I know some of the refuges and WMAs, but without someone who's hunted them before, that could be a pain to learn where you can go and where you can't.

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!

Eh to heck with hunting eat a bass, right Sandman grin.gif

Actully I don't hunt so I can't tell ya.

I caught a couple dandies (released) and missed/lost a couple bigguns to. Also got my hand cut up pretty good from a pike. Taking a few days off to heal up.

Sorry, way off base for the thread, but Sandman asked.
I gave up on hunting anywhere around the metro on public land. I used to hunt Sherburne NWR, and actually had some great duck hunts. But hunting on public land is frustrating and dangerous.
A buddy and I were set up on a fairly large body of water at Sherburne about 15 years ago. You may not believe this, but I swear its true; some slob hunter that was on shore saw our decoys, and apparently thought they were ducks. (Keep in mind this guy was HUNDREDS of yards away) We hear a gunshot, and guess what skipped through our decoys? A **** slug! He tried to spook the birds up, so he could probably get a passing shot if they flew by him. Good God what an a$$!
At Carlos Avery, I got blasted in the back of the head by some jacka$$ at 70 yards or so. Close enough that it drew blood from my ear. Thank God I wasnt facing the idiot.
Then you get to deal with people skybusting.
Sorry, I had to vent.
I have had some awesome times on public land too. Don't get me too wrong.
If interested, I can tell you very specific spots at Sherburne.

Hmmmm, maybe someone is out to get me, and I am too dumb to realize it.
No more metro public hunting for me.

Taking out the boat tomorrow, goin' out from dawn till dusk. Moby, if you go out tomorrow and you would like some fishin' info, just drop by and I'll be more than glad to give you some hints. You can't miss me, I'll be in a redish orange Lund.