• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake

united jigsticker

Are bass like lizards, cut off there tail and they regenerate? Man that would be cool!! Ebass and I had a pretty sloooow night 4-5 little bass, good night to sweat away all the toxins though, nice night though, I can't wait til fall!!!!!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• moby1

• EBass

• local boy

I was out there with Bill-E-Bazz and I only had two small bass and Bill had even smaller. Very busy out there, skiers and such.

Of course I release all the bass I catch. Bill Dance raised me. smile.gifI'll take a walter in the winter once in a while, but otherwise I'm in it for the thrill of the catch. Besides cleaning fish is a pain. My. 02

I make up for the fish I take during the year by all the pheasants I SR.
I shoot, they keep flying, that's kinda releasing them isn't it. grin.gif
I should buy stock in Federal Ammo.

------------------
Takin it easy! & if it’s easy, I’ll take it twice!

Only ate one bass and that was about 20 years ago (that makes me seem old) I'm not a fish eater but I do remember that it was pretty good actually. We threw it on the grill.

I have stock in Shorelunch. I even like that better than my old man's beer batter recipe.
I eat soooo much fish, I could probably crap thermometers from the mercury, but ya have to die from something.
Steak & fish, ya just can't beat it. Ever tried eelpout? grin.gif Yummmmeeeee!

Betchya think I'm crazy now don't ya, eelpout!
------------------

[This message has been edited by sandman469ss (edited 08-19-2003).]

I heard that eel pout is real good. But I'd have to be drunk in order to try it. Not very outgoing when is comes to trying new food.

I could blind fold ya and have a $30 lobster right next to the eelpout, and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Mainly cause you'd be eating ALL eelpout, while I ate the lobster. grin.gif
It's all in how it's prepared. Cut out the backstaps(just like tenderloins on a deer). Cut them into chunks. Boil them for about 7 minutes in milk & 7UP. Put them on a plate of hot melted butter with salt & pepper. Try not to picture what the fish looks like while eating. My mouth is watering just thinkin about it.

------------------

This message goes out to United Jigsticker - Moby1 got the pic developed of the ever elusive Medicine lake Walleye. What's your email address, can you post this for me? Moby has a nice pic of a Northren he caught to.

Sandman, keep your pout and bass. I'll stick with steak and pork chops. smile.gif

Salmon shark looks and tastes just like a pork chop when done on the grill.
Haven't found a fish that mimicks a steak though. Maybe a dogfish??!! tongue.gif

Sandman is right about the eelpout. The meat is good if you can get over where it came from.

Medicine tonight. Only got one northern with the niece and nephew but it was 31 inches so not bad for a 5 year old. Lost another nice one as well

Some butt brain left a used battery ON the dock. What are people thinking?

G-Jerky
You gotta try for bass to keep the kiddies entertained.

smile.gif

Sand-man,
The swordfish I had on the grill down in Florida is about as close as I've found for fish tasting and having consistency of steak!

That's still there. I figured someone forgot it and would be back to pick it up, so I didn't take it. It was there Monday night when I went out.
Some people's parents shouldn't have bred.
& why hasn't someone from the park pitched it? What kind of management is that.

I thought the same thing about the battery. I saw it last weekend. Unbelievable! You would think that after a couple of days the park would remove it at least.
Hit sarah with ebass last night. Did get a couple decent bass. One 17", one small pike, and one small crappie on a rattle trap. Lost a couple decent ones. Ebass did better. I wasn't doing to well until i switched to the old standby. The black BUNGEE comes through AGAIN!
Going for some smallies tomorrow morning with ebass. Cant wait to hit that one!

I think that one is Ebass's little secret gem. I was out there one time with him and did alright, you should do alright too from all the stories he tells me about.

I'm going to take him to the sippi, he's never caught a RIVER smallie, so he should be in for a treat. Just gotta watch out for da rocks!

Wherever ebass decides. I've only caught one smallie before. Biglakebass have you been up to Big Sandy latley? Was hoping for labor day weekend but with 9 others not including me or the wife and only 2 bedrooms it doesnt look like I will make it. Oh yeah did I mention that 5 of the 9 are between 2yrs old and 2nd grade. OUCH

Possibly going to Sandy on Labor Day weekend.
I am going on the Miss this weekend too. Probably Anoka/Dayton/Ramsey tomorrow.
And hopefully St Cloud sometime this weekend as well.
Oh I cannot wait. Nothing like smallies.

Where are you dumping in Ebass?

[This message has been edited by biglakeba$$ (edited 08-22-2003).]

Hmm, don't know yet. Depends on if he wants to pitch in on gas (1.83 now)and head north or south. Or just stay locally and hit Pool-2. He likes his multi species award smile.gif

Oh and by the way Moby - the tube I gave you got you some fish. And my biggie yesterday was 18.5" - Zoom Bass love em.

[This message has been edited by EBass (edited 08-22-2003).]

Ebass, hopefully by the time you see this I will have my stratos and a place to put it. I called self park storage and they said no space until sept. 1st.(24 hour access)so I might have to wait til then to bring it down so we can bust some waves and scare some jet skiers!! If anyone knows of a place where I can keep my boat just til snowfies let me know!!!
Good Fishin'

Bill-E-Bazz try hilton storge in inver grove they have a place they just opened they are pretty cheap have 24 access and security we park our party buses there when we need to move them from the apartment tell them the party bus man sent you

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 08-24-2003).]

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind, I'm really lookin' for a place in the west metro until I move into a place with a driveway or garage. I need a truck if anybody kows of anything(don't mean to cause a stir, but no fards I mean foooords).
Good Fishin'

Friends don't let friends drive Chevys. :-)

Check out cars.com, carsoup.com, autotrader.com for a truck. Good sites to start with.

I have a garage, a driveway:+)) and a truck (not ford or chev) but no stratos. There is a storage area i have seen with many boats and campers right around highway 101 and bass lake road intersection.

Oh yeah hit med yesterday morning until 10:30. Caught 3 bass (15")in the first 20minutes. The guy I took with wanted to troll for norts though. Wants to do some pickeling. Didn't do any more bassin after that and only got 1 nort around 24".

Ebass- why do you have to introducing me to new stuff. First you turn me on to plastics, specifically the bungee which I used all the time. Now tubes **** you. All three of the bass I got off the bat were on the tube. Many props!!!!! Any plans for this week?

Moby, my motor took a crap on me again. Dang thing did that squeal again. Then killed on me on Medicine last night. AHHHHHhhhhh!!

She's outa comish until I take a look see. One day she runs fine then the other day she's farts out and barely likes to troll.

Tax returns next year are going towards a new motor!

Woo Hoo, there's the ever elusive walleye from none other then Medicine.

Thanks again fishnaddict