• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake

united jigsticker

i have found that i catch more crappies on wax worms and small demons, i sometimes catcdh them on minnows but not very often

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• moby1

• EBass

• local boy

I've noticed that the black crappies tend to be small but the white crappies are usually good sized. I have yet to catch a white crappie smaller than 10 inches.

I've noticed that White Crappies and Black crappies hang out in different areas. Black Crappies tend to be more open water oriented. White Crappies are more structure oriented.

medman

do u think it would be worth targeting them, i will be hitting med in front of the park tommrow with walleye king, anyone feek free to join us

Me to Moby. I should be there a little before 4.

Local Boy, I won't venture very far. Just want 20', or I may try shallow for dem pike, but who knows. First time out this season.

I can't wait to to fish Wayzata, well I can't wait to catch a walter.

Hitting Med should get rid of my shakes. Lets hope that the ice is good, 3 inches will suffice.

me and minaki lord fished from 4:30 till 9 and caught 2 fish, the snow storm really screwed things up, there is a layer of frozen snow then some water then about 4 in of good ice, its goin to make for bad ice conditions

Well at least we finally made it out. I forgot how hard it was to drag the sled on snow. It was much easier once we made it to the ice. I think we fished until 7:15. We had lookers on the Vex almost all night but 0 takers. We tried waxies and minnows, spoons, jigs, hooks, ice ants..etc. Ready to try again. Next time I will remember the lantern!!
Good to get out!
We figured about 1-2" of crust, 1/2" slush/ice and 5-6" oc good ice under it. One degree now and cold tonight!
Nice to meet Whatt and local boy

Thanks to Ebass,Moby, For giving me some Medicine smile.gif I caught a 2Lb pike right away on a Chubby darter. Like Moby said "lots of lookers No takers for me. I was using strickly Minnows(and practically every jig in my box) Had one taker- but he let go before I could set the hook. How did the guys do that were using grubs? Thanks again foir the MEDICINE!

I guess I took the cake last night with a whooping three tiny crappies. The bigger one was close to 7". Yea, it sure was sad as far as the bite went. However, it was good to get out and watch them craps on the vex. A glow ratso and wax worm had the only takers.

Next time moby we're going where we want to go! Chase some eyes!

I have a friend who swears he has a spot on medicine he found last year that you can catch at least 1-2 walleyes everytime you go out. Not big but 12-16 inches.

It sure would be nice to get into some of them or one of them big pike. Should be good to go for this weekend for walkable ice for the whole lake. Key word there is should.

Roosterslayer05, I very well could believe him. I know a couple spots that I always see walleyes on my aqua-vu. I may not catch them but I see them.

Come on cold. Its pretty darn cold now. I am ready to grab the GPS and hit the open water with out worrying about the ice. Dont know whats up for the weekend. Sunday is filled, Saturday night is out (have to keep the wife happy and go downtown once in a while:+)), Looks like if at all will be morning or daytime... Anyone else ..Anyone..Anyone?? Not the best time for fishing. I'll see what happens. May do some scouting on Eagle.

I'm thinking about going out saturday morning/afternoon and I'm going to drill to check ice thickness.

I'm thinking that once the ice is thick enough out in the middle of the lake. I'll go out and make some paths out there. Because if anyone has pulled their equipment more than a 1/4 of a mile in snow, you know its not very fun.

Youll need some snow to make paths. It was hard pulling to the lake but one on the lake it was easy because there isnt any snow on the ice. Nice and cold this morning.

Hey to anyone who has been out recently. How deep is the snow out on Med? I live a mile south of the lake and we got 10 inches here. I'm just curious to what the lake surface is like.

Very easy travel on the lake for now any ways. The whole lake should be safe now for walking. But I haven't watched it like a hawk. There's a little pond where I live and that still has open water. Dang geese!

actually med man you just had to go back one post to my post before yours:+)) just giing you a little grief. 7 degrees now. I can hear the ice forming :+)) Cant wait to hit the spots farther out. Hopefully by midweek!?!? I just had to post to bring this back to page 1.