• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Grindstone Lake Fishing Reports

I burned some DBT cds' for ya.

Are you possibly referring to the greatest southern rock band since skynnard?

what area of the lake do u guys find the browns and the huge rainbows? where i fish i can get nice eater rainbows all day but i never even see browns. i do see an occassional 4 or 5 pound class bow but thats it.

binger, sounds good, it would be nice to get out and fish with some good tunes. Stay in touch.

Jari R, I think U r right on the money!

KG243, my lakers were 18"er in 75 FOW and 15" in 36 FOW. My friend got a 16" in 18 FOW. No rhyme or reason to depth. We just could not mark anything consistently except smelt.

why are people fishing so shalow for the streamers? Do they bite better up there? I was in about 23FOW. I think my dad and I might be up on saturday morning, we will have to see what the boss says!

Can someone clarify the laker and rainbow possession limit and size limits? I am confused on this. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: binger
I burned some DBT cds' for ya.

Are you possibly referring to the greatest southern rock band since skynnard?

Lake trout limit is 2, no size retrictions. Stream trout limit is 5, not more than 3 over 16 inches.

can anybody help i dont need any spots just how are you catching smelt (bait,depth or are they suspended over deep water)

Thank you!!

can anybody help i dont need any spots just how are you catching smelt (bait,depth or are they suspended over deep water)

I was marking smelt suspended almost everywhere I drilled out deeper 25-30' down, but particularly thick just out from the creek along the public launch just north of the Red Barn in 50' of water. I got them on jigging raps with 2/3 of a minnow. Probably be best to target them with small crappie minnow heads with a plain hook or jig? Someone told me to use tiny bits of smelt as bait.

Last year there was a giant ice heave infront of it (about 6 ft high), is that there this year?

Thanks KG. I was thinking about making a trip up there this weekend. It will be my first time fishing for trout and lakers. Hopefully the fish will be nice!

I agree, very slow. I was up the last two sundays and caught 1 laker. Seen plenty of fish, but very few that were hungry.

Not a problem, I will be up there on Friday to give it another try. Has anyone tried the close to shore for the streamers? Does it work well?

I wouldn't drive out there. Some trucks were parked just off of shore by the red barn. I caught 1 on a crappie set up. I had them coming in around the 35ft range and wanted to know what it was so I switched from Laker rod to crappie rod.

Hey guys... I'll be up at the Audubon center for a work retreat next week, but my only free time will be after dark. Should I not even bother to bring ice fishing gear? I've never fished trout thru the ice or been on Grindstone, so I'll be at a huge disadvantage if i do go out fishing

The lake is deep and I would never trust the middle with a vehicle. You wouldn't have to walk far if you park by shore to get to deep water. Just safer to use a sled.

Goblue, I hate to say it, but yeah, don't even bother bringing your gear. There's not much to be caught after dark. If your dead set on fishing, you'd be better off going down to pokegama. No trout, but maybe some crappies or an 'eye or 2.