• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Powerstroke

MN Youth Turkey Hunts

Powerstroke

I just wanted to remind everyone that the MN DNR and the NWTF are sponsoring several Youth Wild Turkey Hunts. They are open to any youth ages 12-17 with a Firearms Safety Certificate and a parent or guardian who can accompany them.

Each hunter will have a NWTF guide on their hunt and lottery winners must attend a wild turkey clinic.

Exceptions to the plan are you must have a FAS card, not the new Apprentice hunter card. You also cannot apply if the child has ever hunted turkeys in MN on their own license. That counts for lottery, surplus or archery.

I think this is a great opportunity to get kids involved in one of the great thrills in hunting. I have a 12 yr old sister that has bugging me to take her hunting and I think this will be a great opportunity. We have to get her through a FAS course before the hunt dates, but I think that can be done.

For those interested, more information and the applications are available on the DNR Youth Turkey Hunt Page

Scott M

This is a great program that needs some more ink. Unfortunately, it never gets disseminated to a wide enough audience. They need to get it to the kids that wouldn't have a chance to ever do it otherwise. If you know a kid that has recently taken FAS and wouldn't get a chance to hunt turkeys, sign them up. We just flat out need more kids taking FAS and more kids hunting.

DonBo

Just had a meeting last night. The metro area needs more mentors! Any experienced NWTF turkey hunter with a spot to hunt and time to invest in a kid please contact their local chapter or the MN DNR.

Powerstroke

I just wanted to push this to the top.

Tomorrow, FRIDAY, is the last day to apply. You can fax in your application so it will be there by 4pm.

I faxed in one today for my little sister. Iive never seen her so excited. I really hope she gets picked. Either way I know she will be coming with me when I bow hunt them.

Get the kids out there. Its a a great program.

Powerstroke

They said only winners will be notified......has anyone heard yet?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Tom Sawyer
      Thanks for your efforts!!! Let me know if you need any free city garbage bags; I'm involved with the City of St. Cloud Green Team. You can place them at the Munsinger Garden greenhouse, or any trail access points for easy Park Dept. pickup.
    • JeremyCampbell
      Going to get the kids out on the river today with gloves and garbage bags for Earth day.Plenty of garbage around the local community spots that can be removed.Im sure there will be more but it's something to do and it will look a little prettier out there.
    • Borch
      Wow!  Didn't realize it was that bad up there.  That's going take a long time to get turned around.
    • kelly-p
      To give you a idea of what it is like here this is how my dock has sat since last August. The river is at lake level here.  Almost no Spring flow from melting snow. Just a trickle here and there. I've burnt any grass off for 200 feet around my house, farm buildings and farm equipment so there is a little protection in case a big fire gets going. The grass has been burnt off between the highway and the airport to give Waskish a little protection in case a fire gets going south of town. Westwind cleaned their channel last fall so they should be OK for boats. Total acreage of URL and LRL is 272,000 acres so it would ONLY take 177,261,312, 000 gallons of water to raise the lake level 2 feet.
    • Horseshoe_Don
      you can get to horseshoe by boat but not far enough to get any fish yet.   This may change in the next few days.   I plan on ice fishing on shoe today.   Should be able to land a nice amount of slabs.   Don
    • pikeandchester
      Drove by Elysian on my way home this afternoon. Shoreline didn’t appear to be pulling away, view from the highway for what it’s worth. 
    • pikeandchester
      Got the property surveyed today. Originally plotted back in 1968 and sure enough there where metal pipes marking 3 of the corners but who knows how long it would have taken me to find them. They placed a monument on the missing corner. Hopefully this warm weather sticks around, need to remove some trees and get the wheel house moved in. Thanks everyone for your responses!
    • leech~~
      Was out on the lake today. Easy 24-26" inches of hard ice yet.
    • pikeandchester
      Drove around the entire lake today. From the road it looks like the warm weather has melted most of the snow. Only saw about a half dozen people fishing. Ice isn’t pulling away from shore yet. Stopped at the Borden access and walked out a bit, kicked myself for not bringing the fishing equipment, easy travel out there. 
    • eyeguy 54
      interesting day fishing on 30 inches and 60 degrees out   no monsters but got a very round hybrid and some rock bass with neat eyes.