• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Repairing/Replacing broken zipper on Clam 2000

riverwalker

I have a clam 2000 and by a little misfortune last year had my zipper split and a bit of the fabric cut...(won't go into details)....Does anyone a good place to call? Just need a new zipper sewn in??? I'm going to do some calling around, but figured this would be a start....Thanks for any help...

Check to see if it's still under factroy warranty, i think it is a 1 or 2 year on those but not sure, if it is bring it back to where you bought it, if it's a place like gander or scheels they'll either send it in or just give you a new one off the shelf. If it's not under warranty i'd imagine a fabric shop could help you.

if you are located anywhere near st coud call mikes shoe shop in richmond. hes replaced zippers in various thinge for me in the past and is not really afriad to try anything. a phone call s cheap.

I have seen on a different forum on here that someone melted their zipper and someone mentioned Canvas Craft. I think its in the Mankato area but they do good work. Another option is to check out the clam website, I know a while back they had some replacement tents on sale. If it's pretty new they might replace it for free, they did that for me once.

Well thanks all for your help...Clam only has a 1 year warranty, and canvascraft needs it off the base to sew it...they charge an extra 50$ to do that and they also charge 8$ per foot...sooooo...I might just be better off waiting for them to go on sale at end of year.....what a bummer.....thanks again

Can you just unscrew it from the base yourself then put it back on when it's completed?

Instead of buying a whole new house, I cut this from clams website.

Replacement Tent For the Clam 2000 (Dome Roof Only) $94.95

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

I would try Mikes shoe shop in Richmond . He has done some work on some of my traps over the years. He builds custom boat covers etc and does zipper work. Call him and tell him your problem and maybe he can help!

I had my entire zipper replaced on my Voyegeur two years ago. I took it to G and J canvas in Sauk Rapids. they are in the industrial area behind the post office/Perkins. 56.00 for the whole zipper both sides with tabs inside and outside, heavy duty material. I did have to take it off the poles but that was no big deal really. Excellent job, way cheaper than a new house. Good luck and hang on. Bill

Excellent help all of you...I did notice that i could unscrew it and buy the replacement....I guess I have a weekend summer project to look forward to.....