• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jan 31-Feb 2 report

silverlake

Just left the lake and did ok. Fished out of Hillmans and tried at 8 miles out, then 5 miles out and finally 3.5 miles. Caught about 25 walleyes and 2 perch. 2 northerns 1-33" 1 28 1/2" No crappies. BJ from Hillmans helped us out and put us on some bigger walleyes at 3.5 miles out. Thank you to him for the help and hospitality for checking on us. We brought our own shack and he still wanted to make sure we were doing good. Definately went out of his way to make sure we were happy. Kelly P thank you for coming to check on us immediately when we were spinning our tires trying to move the house. Everyone was great. Thanks agian for working so hard to keep everyone happy on the lake and keeping the road in great shape

I was also up Thur - Sat and tried the same spot out of Hillmans - 8 miles out. Has some luck Thur night, but caught 1 walleye on Fri. afternoon - not even a bite at night. Was going to move, but elec. auger broke. Going back up on Tues.

Wondering how other people did over the past weekend. Any reports would be great. Thanks

Doug -

I'm gonna try out of Hillmans, taking the "Crappie Hwy" to the NW. People I have talked to are doing better out that way. I guess start there and see what happens.

Just got back. 3 of us started at the end of Hillmans road off to the right about 100 yards. Set up around 3 pm. Caught about 5 last one caught on rattle reel about 9am. Marked plenty of fish but would not bite anything from buckshots to plain hook to glow demons. Tried everything in my box. So we picked up and went to "crappie highway" The first road at 5.2 miles we took. Went down it a mile or so and set up around 3pm saturdayafteroon. Fished from 3 till 10am sunday without a single bite. Marked about 3 fish all night and we fished till 4am and put rattle reels out till 10. Going back in 2 weeks, hopefully it picks up a little. Still had a blast tho. What nice weather this weekend too!!

just got back to. went up thur. nite got stuck trying to find my house. blush.gif dug it out found house about 1 am dude didnt plow a road for me. mad.gif 75 yard walk to the house got set up about 230 am two walleyes at 4 and not a nother bite till sunday morning when a cigar came thru. did go down to blackbuck on saturday and hit the mother load of perch, so the weekend wasnt all bad