• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Brrr.....this cold weather has to be making more ice!

wahkonfisher

Has anyone ever had problems with the ice being too thick to drill through with an auger? I was out this weekend by Lower Twin and Spider Island and just about had my Jiffy buried all the way down to get through to the water. It looked like the ice was at least a couple of feet thick. With this cold snap I have to imagine that the ice is only getting thicker....Also, has Mille Lacs been getting any more snow with this cold snap?? I talked to some folks in Hayward earlier today and they said they had white-out conditions....not sure if this was a line or fact...Comments??

wahkon, nows the time put the extension on or go out and buy one. I don't think they got much snow around there either. The farther south you went the more snow that fell.

K Dawg -

Thanks for the info but unfortunately thats what I was afraid of...every time I turn around I'm buying a new "toy" in the wife's eyes....just got the auger and now I need an extension....this sport is getting expensive in a hurry, but man its fun. Good thing we have a comfortable couch!

WF

just a hint, keep an eye out for sales. Its getting to be that time of the year when the stores are trying to get rid of their ice fishing stuff and you never know when you'll be able to find a cheap one.

I'm thinking the cold wind blowing might be coming off her shoulder if she finds out....wonder if I can hide it for 48 hours and invoke the Garage Logic rule?? hehe

wahkon If you have a strimaster this website is where they have a speical and right now it is eight dollars plus shipping we bought ares off of there and It was shipped to us within four days. If you have a different auger look at the companies website and maybe they have specials also. This special has actually decreased in price sine we bought ours two years ago for 9.99. Hope these things can help you get an extension at almost a pocket change price. Here is the website address directly to the specials page:

http://www.strikemaster.com/store/specials_week3.html

Tonkaman, he has a jiffy. I'm not sure where you can buys those. I guess you could check out their website.

Fleet Farm had Jiffy extensions last time I checked. You could call and see if they still have any. Can't remember the price though.