• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
duckguy

crappies on pelican?

duckguy

Has anyone been catching any crappies, or good size sunfish?

tisosy11

I don't know - I will let you know on Monday.

I plan to be running down some fish this weekend in the cold. That's the plan anyway!

TrophyEyes

Where are the spots for Crappies on Pelican. I have asked this before on here, but I still cannot catch one. I fish for walleyes and bass all summer for 5 years now and have yet to catch a Crappie. I will be bringing 40 some people up to Breezy Point in Late Feb, where could I get into the fish on the West side through the ice.

I just need to know structure and depth, I can find the spots from there.

bigfishy

right out in front of the resort in the small bay there is a good crappie hole by the sand bar going to the big lake

duckguy

I have caught them in 17-24 fow in weeds, and transitions from weeds to sand bars or muck.

fishroger

They havent been in the bay much this year. It varies year to year. Generally they bite at nite with glow jigs, but they havent done much this year. Moose bay has some occassionally in the 12 ' hole. Sometimes you can get them near weavers point, but its hit and miss, you have to stumble on them when your fishin for wallys.

TrophyEyes

Thanks a lot, I will have to try some of those spots. I have never even seen them on the aqua view, but supposedly there are some pretty good size ones in the lake.

Ice4blood

Yea there are some good sized ones in Pelican. Last year we could catch 6-8 of them and a couple eyes in our 20' walleye hole. I think i have only caught one this year though. I fish by goosberry island off the knoxies landing. Let us know if anyone finds them!!!