• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I've noticed a lot of people have crossed the road and started fishing the north end of Cedar. It's a spot I usually wait til after the 'toothy' season ends. Just wondering if the papermouths are hitting out there yet or if you guys are just avoiding the zoo on Belle?

Welcome.

I have talked to a few guys that have been between Cedar and Belle without much to say about either. Sounds like the pike are getting more aggresive though the big slabs are very few and far between, even on the usual hotspots.

Then again, if they are getting the fish on Cedar, I probably would not see them on Belle so who knows.

Do you guys know what the clarity is out on Cedar..I was thinking about maybe going spearing out there this weekend

I know in the summer it's not to bad and last winter I was out there and I could see the bottom in 8 feet which happens to be about as deep as that lake gets.

I haven't been out there this year yet so don't take my word for it.

2 trucks went threw the ice lastnight on cedar. NO JOKE... Talked with a few guys who fished out there and I guess 1 house out there got a few fish and the next thing you know people just heard. Not worth it with bad ice conditions for just a few fish.

the report that i got from a guy that was out there watching the trucks fall, is that there front tires was the only thing that went in. Although the lake is only like 5 feet deep, still a scary feeling.

Got a report from a buddy on Red, they stayed on the move and pulled up 1 crappie in 24 hours of hard fishing out of Hilman's. Couldn't keep the walleyes off the hook though, including a 26.5"er.

Then I talked to another buddy in the Hutchinson area and he said Cedar was on fire, he got a nice mess of crappie on Cedar early part of the week, with some fish over 14". I'm sure she's cooled down by now though.

Walleye's seem to be jumping up the hole like usual on Red, the crappies, you have to move to find them.

there is more people out there then i thought. I was on teh way to greenleaf today, and saw all the houses that were out there.

Story I heard were a few slabs and a few snakes. Not a ton of fish but the size may be worth the time. I think I'm going to take my son out there this weekend. I'll let you all know what we find.

I heard that Cedar is now open for netting due to the low oxygen content on the lake

I heard that rumor too, but haven't seen anything on the DNR website. But, Clear Lake isn't on there either and that was announced last week so your guess is as good as mine.

The ice isn't bad on cedar at all. The trucks went in because they didn't know where they were driving, they drove over a very shallow sand-rock bar and just the tires went in bc that's all the deeper it get there. They were catchin crappies out there last weekend when i was there and we got one that was almost 15 inches. Water is dirty.

Hey Limit, where on the dnr website do they list these lakes?

I have tried finding them a couple times and have had no success.

Thanks again, Hester

I realize it is a shallow lake, but are there decent spots on Cedar within walking distance? There are no depths shown on my gps. I might give it a try in a month or so when it warms up so I don't have to drag a house.

Thanks.

I see Round lake is on the "liberalized fishing" list. Ya know, I always wondered why the DNR spent money and improved the old access on that lake. If it is prone to freeze out, why spend the money ? I have never seen a fish/spear house on that lake much less anyone fishing it in the summer.

HEY all you "SPORTSMEN & WOMEN" if indeed that's what you call yourselves! Real sportspeople "WOULD NOT" leave there "TRASH" behind after spending time fishing!!!! Evidently you people don't have any respect for the waters or land. What do you think you are showing the next generation of sportsman? I know there where kids out on the ice that saw all the trash. Whoever the people were that left the trash starting from the access (CEDAR) to the North end of the lake should return and dispose of the trash the right way!!!! It's pretty sad when there are plastic trash bags filled with garbage and "FISH GUTS" that are left behind, what you can't wait til you get home to clean your catch? Not to mention all the beer cans, bottles and booze bottles left behind!!!! I often wonder is this the way you sportman are at your own homes and is this what you do when you go hunting too? Another issue is ALL you people that have to gain access to the lake crossing other landowners property! If you can't afford the gas to drive the 3.5 miles from the access how can you afford to fish??? Belle Lake is just as bad for garbage being left behind. PLEASE PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO ANYONE YOU KNOW THAT"S BEEN FISHING ON CEDAR LAKE! I'm proud to call myself a sportswoman.

Good talk, see ya out there! U waited all this time watching the threads, and finally chime in with this?

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota! cool.gif

Although a little harsh blush.gif , it is a good reminder for everyone to try to keep it clean out there.

Your right, real sports men or women would not leave trash on the ice. Real sportsmen and women pick up after the less than responsible people whenever possible.

Unfornately most of the folks that use this sight are true sportsmen and women. I can say, from my own experience on the lake on Sunday, that I gladly filled up two 5-gallon buckets with trash before I left the lake.

But, the problem with a post like yours is it doesn't get to the people that need to see it most. Those "spoiled little brats of the area" don't care what other people have to say, they are in the world for themselves and of course, we should all bow down to them.

I'll continue to do what I can everytime out. And, if the rest of us responsible folks can do our part as well we may be able to make an influence. I know most of the people that use this forum would have doen the same thing I did in taking more home than we took with us.

If there are people using this forum and causing the "landfill on the lake" then as my Father often said when I was young, "Shame on you, you know better."

Good Points Guys!!! Now back to the reports, from what i have heard fishing has really gotting slow. I havent had the time to go back out there and i dont think i'm going to after reading some post