• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Upcoming weekend

spinnerfisher

Hi I am renting a house from Kelly and John this weekend, and I was wondering is there any chance of even listening to the playoff games on a radio.

Another question I have is what is the check in time.

I'll be there also. I'm giddy just thinking about the weekend!!!!

Hillmans at 1:00 pm. Really try to be no earlier than 12:30. They are busy taking care of stuff prior to that. I've had the best luck using Sirrus radio. I don't know how well FM will work.

I hope my cell phone only works long enough to call Jon or Kelly then looses signal. grin.gif

FM could be tough even with the wide variety of stations we get.

Classical, county, Rock, older Rock and Rock so old dust comes out of the speakers.

For a real fun time with the right skies you might get the French channel out of Canada! Huh huh wee wee! \:D

2 more days and we will be fishing with Jonny and Kelly cool.gif

Our annual winter fishing trip is on Upper Red this year and we have 2 of Jonny and Kelly's houses. Man are the guys pumped and is the bashing going on with who is going to claim the trophy from ME ! grin.gif

The count down is on!

I want to say Westwood broadcasts on one of the stations up there... But I'm not quite sure.

I have XM radio and that's the one thing I wish it had was NFL games on it.

An XM/Sirius merger has been in the works for over a year now, but they are dragging their feet on getting it done. They were running ads about it last spring or so, but there's been no progress since then.

Once they merge, all the major sports should be available to anyone with satellite radio.

Originally Posted By: woodman
2 more days and we will be fishing with Jonny and Kelly cool.gif

Hey Woodman, me too!!!!! I have no clue what any of their houses look like, but we're in a 6 person sleeper. If we're anywhere near each other out there we need to say,"Howdy"

Looks like there will be quite a few FM'ers up there this weekend. We have 6 of us coming up also. Last year we came up over Martin Luther King holiday (our company gives us Monday off), and it was colder than $(#$(#* also. We stayed in one of Buddy's sleepers and had a great time. This year myself and my buddy each bought a wheelhouse. So we will have 3 guys in each house, and it is going to be colder than $%#$@ again!!!!

So we have a ton of bets between the 2 houses. Most fish, biggest fish, most beer drank \:D .... Jon - Any tips you could share to help my house out on our cause??? If you see an Ice Castle eliminator pulled by a 2 tone Dodge, stop by for a cold one.

I'll be up there this weekend too. Coming up Friday night and staying until Monday.

Hoping we'll be able to use a buddy's house, otherwise I gotta drag my house up there in that cold weather \:\(

Originally Posted By: boilerguy

Hey Woodman, me too!!!!! I have no clue what any of their houses look like, but we're in a 6 person sleeper. If we're anywhere near each other out there we need to say,"Howdy"

Lets put it this way boiler, your gonna have room to strecth, cook a pizza lasanga or even a turkey if you want \:\) . We are talking 16'x24' with oven and bathroom. You guys will be able to connect via a quick drive and will definetly be able to see each other in the distance.

Scott, Ill be up there this weekend too, sleepin on the ice Sat. Ill give you a call while we are up there.

John is there any way of keeping a tip up hole as open water in the cold that we are supposed to have or will i have to just go back and forth to it with a scoop?

Best way is the foam cover that they sell at most sporting good stores, ya know the black ones with the slit cut in them. I use those and then put a little snow on them to keep the holes from freezing up.

URL seems to be the hot spot this weekend. We;ll be there Sun and Mon night in one of Club Red's. This weekend last year we hit the slabs and hope to do the same. We're fishing Winnie on Saturday and Roosevelt or Lawrence on Friday. Jonny...heard much about you! Good luck everyone.

I am renting a sleeper this weekend and my question for those more experienced than I, Is what line test weight do you guys use? Most of my reels are spooled up with 4 pound P-line. Most of the fishing I do is for crappie and perch back in South Dakota. Do I need to go and buy some new line? I know I will be fine with the crappie but the walleye is my concern...and basically I know I am in trouble if I get a northern....but hopefully that wont happen!

I figured that would catch some ones interest. Around South Dakota I catch plenty of northerns. Plus the tangled line mess they create while ice fishing is a headache. I guess they are better than expecting a walleye on the end of a rattle reel at 4 in the morning and receiving an eelpout. \:\)

I have 2# line on most of my ice rods and have only been broke off maybe twice in the last three years going to Red. Even caught a 34" slimer on 2#. What a blast.

Being Red doesnt have the clearest water I haven't found the lighter test to be any better than the heavier lb test. Some of our rattle wheels have 20 lb Fire Line Crystal leaders(certainly overkill) on them and we catch just as many if not more fish on those than we do on rods with 4lb mono, ofcourse the fights are much more enjoyable with the lighter line. I would say 6 or even 8 lb test would be fine.

Originally Posted By: teresa
Jonny...heard much about you!

Never know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. \:\/

24 hours until I am on my way up. I am at work, but don't plan on doing much more than read posts on the site. Anyone else got that URL itch bad????

A buddy and mine also headed up this weekend we are both FMer's staying in one of dave and jeremy shacks aka outdoor authority.Well be on the south side and have portable to run and gun with.Wonder if we should bring sled or just get by with vehicle.what to you other FMer,s think.

It sounds like to me, if you have a sled bring it. I have a 4-wheeler, but I am not bringing it. We have a few guys that are not hardcore ice fisherman. With the cold weather coming in they would prefer to stay out of the weather as much as possible.

All good JP. And the itch.....well, If I could I'd escape NOW. Work is only a means to my madness, and well, I can't hardly wait to get up there.