• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Tipup101

Tip-ups on trout

Tipup101

Every on on fosters is using tip ups on trout. Does it work. I've never seen a flag go up. Seem to me there would be to much restriction on the line.

Tyler Holm

I've seen flags, and know it works. You need to make sure your tipup is dialed in properly.

sodajerk

In my experience at Foster's, the trout often pick up and drop the bait so quickly that tip-ups would be hit or miss as far as getting to them in time.

Some trout there will grab the bait and hold on, but many hit it and drop it just that quick.

Tipup101

I played around with a rattle real on a bucket. That worked good last time. The key is or so I think it is 2lb or 4lb line, a smaller bait, and no stress on the line it has flow free so the don't feel that line. The problem is you get 50 people out there you can't here the rattle reel.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• woody1975
      Price reduced to $250.00   DL
    • woody1975
    • delcecchi
      Now that sounds like a plan.   
    • kelly-p
      Sure. The good thing is if you have too many cocktails and fall off the dock you will not have to worry about drowning.  People are going to have a long walk to go swimming out of the Waskish beach. Hard to believe that 3 years ago the dock floated up off the support poles so we had to put in a few longer ones. The dock was right up to the predator guard below the wood duck houses. 
    • CTfish
      Hey would someone that lives close by the Hatchery let me know when they are stripping eggs this year? Shouldn't be too far off. 
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Here are a few photos taken off of my dock which is straight across the Pike River from the Hatchery. Only a day or two more before it opens up here on the river! The second picture is looking toward the dam.
    • halad
      Hey Kelly can I fish of your dock opener
    • jkrash
      Your Right! after clicking on the picture a couple times and zooming in you can see the big white head of the male hooded mergaser.
    • kelly-p
      According to the Army Corp of Engineers weather station here in Waskish we have had a grand total of  1.29 inches of precipitation so far in 2018.  When we were burning the grass of there was still about 30% snow cover. The flames were hitting 10 feet high.
    • Wanderer
      Nice to see there might actually be some ice melting up that way! jkrash, those are hooded mergansers though.   I might’ve called out my first woodie sighting this year as one of those too.  But nah!  I know what I saw had to be woodie! Haha! Seriously though, I’ve seen more, and more variety of ducks this spring than ever  in my life.  The late lake ice outs have made the river a diver Mecca.  I think I saw a few with Ely or bust signs on em too!  The bulk of woodies have been in the Little Falls area for about a week, some for a couple.  The hoodeds have been here for at least a month. They’re all coming though!