• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone tow with a Nissan Murano?

blakjack23

Question

Just wondering if anybody has a Murano and tows with it? I'm wondering how well it performs.

4 answers to this question

not very well i would assume, short wheel base and v6.

i had a supercharged nissan xterra and pulling a 6x12 would make me pull hairs out, it is not a good idea unless your pulling a small utility trailer.

Originally Posted By: blakjack23
Just wondering if anybody has a Murano and tows with it? I'm wondering how well it performs.

Whatever route you choose don't use those universal tow wiring kits on the the Murano. You will fry the BCM(body control unit) and the lighting wires. It will be spendy after it fries. Go buy the dealer wiring kit. I have seen several customers that come in and tow with their Murano. Most of them only tow around 3000 lbs max.You don't want to tow more than that.

Honda, thanks for the tip on the wiring. The Murano is rated for 3500 lbs and I would estimate my tin rig to be about 2500 lbs, so I think it would be fine, I just wanted to see if anyone else towed with one and had any opinions.

it has a CVT tranny, which would really make me question how well that belt would hold up to towing.

It also isnt rated for alot of torque. My wife wanted one and we went out and test drove a couple. The 15-16 MPG in town was not what we expected and not much greater for HWY travel. Its worse than my 4x4 truck in town.