• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

need advice

walleye_hunter22

Making a trip to Mille Lacs this weekend. We wanna be on the south east part of the lake and any good ideas of were to fish at on that part of lake, never been to mille lacs need some advice. What kind of jigs would be good to use for the Eyes and jumbos, and any resorts that well let us park got a wheeler, not driving trucks out. any kind of help or advice would be very helpfull.

Lybacks is down there. They got a website but I probably can't post it without getting banned from the site. Just google them.

Isnt Lybacks on the southwest side?Appledorns is on the southeast portion.Was out of there this weekend and I must say they have excellent roads.You can always drive out and go further on the wheeler from there.

I think any resort will let you park and fish. Usually cost $10.00. If you have a wheeler and portable make the trip to the mud. It is a long ways from the south side but the fishing would be better all day. Its alot closer from Liberty or Hunters up the east side, six miles to Blue Jug Flat but it makes for a fun and exciting day. If you are going to stay on the south side try to find some deep gravel. I like to use perch colored jiggs when I go to Mille Lacs. All I hear this year is to much bait fish so I quess I want my bait to look like the natural bait in the lake.