• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2 1/2 YR. Legality ?

I need help on this one. Been getting lots of different opinions. If my daughter can real the fish up thru the hole and she is only 2 1/2 yeras old can we keep a limit for her as well? I still need to bait the hook and take the fish off, but she does the rest.

Is there anything in the regs that talk about this topic?

Thanks for any input.

CC HURL

Go ahead! As long as you have a lic. (handling her rod and reel and baiting it for here), you are more than in your legal right to bring home a limit for two.

This is all I could Find--- If you need a specific question answered, just email your qusetion to the dnr- They are good about getting yor question answered the next business day.

License Requirements

Social security number required. To purchase a non-commercial game or fish license, nonresidents and residents must have their social security number on file with DNR or must provide it.

Residents

To qualify as a resident, a person must maintain a legal residence

in Minnesota for at least 60 consecutive days before purchasing

a license.

Residents 21 or older must provide a valid Minnesota Driver’s license or ID card, unless exempt under the Religious Freedom act.

A nonresident under age 21 whose parent is a Minnesota resident.

All residents age 15 and younger are allowed to take their own limit of fish without purchasing a license.

Nonresidents

• All nonresidents age 16 and older are required to have an appropriate fishing license while angling. Nonresidents under age 16 don’t need a license if the parent or guardian is licensed. Children of an adult who has a Minnesota nonresident family license may possess their own limit of fish. However, if the adult has an individual license, the child’s fish are included in the adult’s limit. Nonresidents under age 16 may purchase a license and possess their own limit of fish.

Nonresident Students and Military

A person in the U.S. Armed Forces who is stationed or training in

I actually had a CO stop me and count fish. I had a limit for myself and one for my son, and we were good to go. No problem, as long as the parent has a license.