• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
cold one sd

Honda EU1000i

Question

cold one sd

I just picked mine up today and I'm not familiar with this unit at all. Are there any secrets that I need to know as far as starting it in cold weather such as putting the choke in the half way position after a few pulls or do you just choke it and pull the rope until it starts? I would hate to be on the ice on a 20 below day and not be able to start it. Thanks. confused.gif

5 answers to this question

PierBridge

Congrats.....what a unit! I can't wait to find a good deal on the 1000 myself.

It's a Honda so it is going to start, if its really cold full choke would be my guess.

cold one sd

A lightly used Eu1000i sold on ebay yesterday for $455 plus shipping.

Whopper Stopper

I had one and then up-graded (personal needs) to the 2000. In my case the 1000 always started on the first or second pull. I can't say that with the 2000 I now have. Anytime I was out with the temps around 0 or colder I always tried to keep mine in the wheel house to warm it up. When I use it at my hunting shack I always bring it in at night. I am not saying it won't start after being out in the cold all night but it sure starts a lot easier and it has to be better for it.

WS

Shawnny B

Great purchase, I use to sell these units at northern, They almost ALWAYS start, I say almost because if you dont put the right weight oil for the temp, or clean the gas out when not using it you could be in trouble. I ran into an issue where the Damned thing woudlnt stay running, turned out to be the low oil warning, it was maybe 1/4 inch low, put new oil in and walla it works great, Had it sitting out on RED in the wind and it started up just great, Might want to hit up a small engine place that sells these units or find the Battery cables online, They work great for charing the batteries.

ShawnnyB

cold one sd

I have a set of battery cables on order. I was on the Honda website the other day and if you buy from a dealer on line they will throw in the battery cables and a carrying bag. I'm gonna have to find some type of case to transport it in to keep the scratches off. I had one of those dheap chinnese generators that didn't like to start in the cold. I have been giving it a shot of ether to get it to start. I had enough of that.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• eyeguy 54
      Time to get the yak ready. Might need to paddle a couple spots on the sippi soon. 
    • mrpike1973
      Nice Crappie!
    • Rick G
      Eyeguy and I made it out one last time yesterday. Access points are getting pretty bad in our area. Was finding roughly 2ft of  very chunky ice in the places we drilled holes. With the warm weather and bright sunahine we had, I'm guessing we lost a few inches through the day Fishing wasn't exactly fast and furious, we did get our fish... but really had to work for the quality.  The area we ended up finding our fish was a shallow 6-10ft dark bottom flat, close to where they will move come ice out.   It soon became apparent the fish we were targeting were almost swiming with their back right against the bottom of the ice, infact my two best crappies hit while my bait was only inches below my hole.  Baits we found better success with were the Northland slugbug and The Impulse Mayflies in bright colors. Jig size didn't seem to matter much due to the depth we were fishing. As I am typing this, my thoughts are already turning toward warmer days spent chasing smallies on the river. The boat and yak are soon to be ready, rods will be strung and so on. It was one heck of a long winter.... fished with some real good people from this site I had more good days than bad, got some monster fish locally... for these things I'm truly blesaed.... like I said,It's been a long winter....I'm glad it's over Pic is of my last big ice crappie for the season  
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      I will certainly keep you informed about the progress of the hatchery. I expect to see the nets and traps go in within the next two to three days. The run should be very strong as the fish are already moving into Pike Bay strongly. Cliff
    • Bigfatbert
      Thanks Cliff for your Pike River deteriorating ice reports and pics . I. Really want to show my wife the hatchery when the action is really happening this year , I would assume you will be right on that when this happens , is there any way that you can give a shout out on here as to just when this scenario is happening up there . With the warmer temps being quite steady now , I would think the run will be rather strong this year when things get going ..  
    • biff
    • CigarGuy
      I got the 4 smaller ones the other day. They are a little over 2" long and paid only $6.64 total to my door.  The quality seem pretty good, we shall see once I put them to some use! 
    • Bryan P
      Thanks Leech! Ya you need a life jacket in a kayak. I have mine behind my seat, but Yes I should be wearing it. 
    • leech~~
      Nice video! Life jackets not needed in Yak's?  Just asking.
    • Fish Head
      Cigar guy, you got a good deal. They look like size 7 which is what I use the most for summer walleyes. Fleet Farm had all Rapalas 25% off last week so I stocked up.  I've used them a lot in the last 2-3 years.  If you fish them on rocks... you will lose some.  I try not to use them over the real bad snaggy stuff but sometimes I still do and usually end up losing one.  It takes a little practice, but they work well when you get it down.