• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Snow goose hunting...

Does anybody have any experiance hunting snow geese in either S. Dakota or Missouri? I am looking to take my first trip doing such this spring. Where is the best place to go and is 2 full days of hunting enough? How many shells do you really need?

one thing to know about spring hunts is to plan on being mobile. if you are hunting with a guide usually its a somewhat last minute call as to what town to meet him in. the birds constantly move, so do the hunting oppertunities. as far as how many shells to bring; well that all depends on what you figure your maximum range for your gun is, as well as how many birds are working a spread. my last trip i shot half a case in a day.

Can anybody refer a good guide service or two? I'm looking at doing a spring snow goose hunt in SD. Thanks.

2 guys I know both started taking customers this year,, very good numbers always produced by both..

Lone Drake Waterfowl Outfitters

Midwest Waterfowl Outfitters,,

also I hunted with the guys from Killhole in SD last year they bought all of Tony and Tysons stuff from avery and also produce very good numbers