• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fishing for the first time on jan 7, 8, 9 help wanted

rumbees

I have never fished this lake before looking for help. I really don't ice fish much either so any info would be greatly app. I think we are going to stay at hunter windfields any info would be greatly app.

rumbees

Hunter Winfield's are great people and will steer you in the right direction. Also, concider Appledoorn's, either one will get you on fish.

by then we should have good ice and roads. I would look to the mid lake structures (gravel and mud).

i stick withg the basics, 1/16 oz glow jig with a minnow hooked in the tail, that time of year i would think deeper like 27-28 ft, did real well last year during the day for walleye..

We look forward to seeing you on the 7th - we'll have you setup and ready to go and will do our best to have you on fish. We move the wheel houses frequently...I was just in one last night - caught a few perch and a fat 26" walleye....call us in advance of your reservation if you have specific concerns or questions - we'll take care of you!

Regards,

Margie

margie,

your houses have a stove in it for making pizzas and cookies right. how many rattle reels are usually in there also. we will be coming up with a few rookies so i hope everything works out. so any info on what colors and spoons would be great. they don't have much so we can buy what we need.

thanks so much

rumbees

Staple colors to use on Mille Lacs are Green, Orange, Gold, and glow. I prefer glow over all colors. JIggin raps, buckshot rattlespoons, cleos, swedish pimples, and glow jigs will all get you fish. If you want to use tip-ups, use large suckers and shiners for the pigs and if you want to catch more fish, but not as big of fish, use medium shiners, chubs, or suckers. Light line for leaders and fish the midlake reefs and adjacent deep water and you will be ok. Good luck.

GoggleEye

harry,

hi i am coming up on the 7, 8, 9 of jan. i was wondering what to bring and what size and color. when we get there do we drive to are wheel house or are we going to need wheelers. thanks for the info.

rumbees