• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Someone gone swimming?

I see there was an article in the StarTribune stating that some one had gone though the ice in the Longville area? Anyone know what lake that was on?

who in there right mind would drive a vehicle on a lake given current ice conditions. its barely safe enough for atvs or sleds!

I was on Pleasant Friday evening. I stopped in at Swansons and talked to Kyler. He told me that he drove across the middle with a snowmobile. I thought he was a little crazy, but then he told me someone drove a small truck out from the access the night before. I thought the ice conditions would be fine considering what he told me. As I was getting ready to go onto the lake, a Ford 150 was just coming off. He drove about 500 yards out and I doubt the ice was that thick where he was because I was only on 4 inches 200 yards away.

A buddy of mine from remer said it was a jeep on girl lake in 20' of water. from what i have heard is there will be 8" in one spot & 3" 50 yards away.

• 2 weeks later...