• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

DId these cold Temps help our Ice??

How did the lakes look this weekend? I did not go, still shaking off the weekend before, but will be heading out Sat or Sunday. Did the cold help the ice? I noticed for Friday night coming up that clown on ch 11 said -15 for a low again.

I was on Franklin last thurs. and we had 7 inches. Monday I was on Fraklin again and we had about 8 1/2 to nine. The cold helped but I thought we would have had more ice than that made. The deep snow doesn't help matters.

where are you thinkning of going this weekend paulie? or is it a secret? wink.gif

I might finally get out this weekend.... maybe

Paulie, My Brother --

I can't say that it helped or not. I heard there was 6-8 inches of awesome ice on Pelican. When I put my house out it was about 8 inches.

I am going out on Wednesday -- I will post info.

Dead,

I am not sure were I will be heading on Saturday, I know it be till mid day-evening since I am working an 19+ hour day on friday. Most likely some were in or around DL, somewere I can use my wheeler to pull my portable around.

yeah, I finally got my sled back from the dealer today. I don't know if I'll go sledding or fish this weekend, maybe both? If I did fish, it would be local.

Sure didn;t help Pelican -- only 1/4 inch since Saturday -- Not good at all. crazy.gif

And it is flooding a little and will flood a lot more as more houses are added.

I tell you what, the slush has not gone away. I was riding through Big and Little D on my sled this morning on the way to work. There are some big spots of slush out there. I got bogged down a few times. I looked back and there were huge puddles of slush where my track went through, at least 6-8" deep. I was thinking about fishing this weekend, but after this morning's experience, no way. I figured of all the lakes to be good by now, Little D would have been it. I guess I was wrong frown.gif

Argh, That sucks. I was so looking forward to heading somewere. I was working on Long Lake yesterday, and I only saw 2 hosue there. Mu customer told me 2 weeks ago there were more than a dozen, but due to water on ice they were puilled off.

I guess a guy is going to have to suck it up grab the portable and fight the elements just hope the fish are biting to make it worthwhile. But the way the last weeks have been at work water snow cold and slush dont sound to bad.