• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone been out or have an ice update on Pike Bay yet? Thought about it Sunday but decided to give one of the smaller lakes a try instead.

There should be 4-8 inches out there. Allen's Bay, Cass and Pike Bay all went on the same night from what I could tell. Allen's would have had a big head start but the wind trashed it and back to open seas it went.

I'm sure froggy's or one of the other guys will have very up-to-date info on here soon. Think the smaller backwoods lakes are calling my name first this year... smile.gif

I've been out so far twice... PB and cass are around 6 inches and Andrusia is pushing 7 inches.. Lake Bemidji is shaky to say the least.. I have not been out there yet but have seen the typical spear houses on the pines and foot traffic on the south end and along BSU... As for the Cass area... Most lakes would be safe for foot travel and I will be trying the ATV this weekend... With the cold temps expected this should be a ok option for this weekend...

Hopefully the dumping that is expected today stays a little farther south, so far it looks like we have got an inch since midnight... The wind is also suppose to pick up and that cold take some of the snow cover off the lakes for us too....

Perch and walleyes are going well on forage minnow spoons and deadsticks.. The water on Andrusia has been murky for some of the spear fisherman in 10 feet of water...

Hope this helps...

Beef

Thanks for the info Beef. I think I will be trying PB this weekend, got a couple spots I would like to try that were good all spring/summer.

Took a walk out on the ice this afternoon. Picked a random spot and stuck a tape measure in the snow. 10.5 inches. Snow is just letting up right now.

Beef or Chuckster . . . any places on Bemidji Lake (or others in that area)that rents houses? Ive been going up to Lake of the woods for several years but am always looking for something different.

Any recommendations? I usually like to rent a house vs hauling all my gear . . . makes for a more relaxable vacation.

There are a few that rent in the Bemidji area, how soon are you coming up? I know the lake right now is a mess with all the snow. Also....I wouldnt not over look Leech lake on your way up. Fishing was fantastic all summer/fall and it should be just as good this winter. Walker Fish House rental is good a good place to start, and should be moving houses out as soon as we get a little more ice. With the temps this morning, it shouldnt be much longer!

Buck,

If you want to rent on Bemidji the only option that I know of is Scott Hanson.. He goes by woodman here on the forums.. As for Cass, I would check in with Cass Lake Lodge.. They have some houses to rent and a really BIG one too. Also Break on the Lake has fish house rentals and he usually has them on some good spots too. Steve is the guys name at BOTL...

Hope this helps,

Beef

Thanks for the info Beef & Chuckster. I've been in contact with CL Lodge but will definately call the Break also. I'll stay at one for sure maybe both and give a report after to let everyone know how the fishing and accomodations were. Good luck wetten the lines!