• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tanman

baiting yotes

tanman

this is my first year yote hunting i have been out calling twice and driving once i havent seen the first one yet...just seeing if anyone has tried baiting them ... or how you would go about doing that ? what would you use and would you call along with that?

Guest Kyle

I was only out once, and it was before the snow. My buddy and I hit 3 spots that looked really really good. We didnt see anything either. Im not sure what the trick is either.

HavocTec

I like to go out on a cold still morning. Sit maybe 30 mintues and call. If nothing in that time get up and walk 1/2 mile and try again. As far as baiting with the new law in place you might want to try putting bait out in the late morning and hunting over it at night with spot lights and shotguns. Make sure you are far enough away from your rig to obey the laws. I'm gunna give that a try this year... Never done it at night or with bait.

xHCxOutdoorsman

say man i understand you are new to it all but as a suggestion try putting your questions that are related on the same thread just i was looking at your posts and like baiting yotes, starting to trap? i am assuming yotes hunting them calling them most of that could be on one thread i dont mean to offend you i was gonna send you a personal message but cant... it saves room and trust me the guys who are on here and read your thread will keep lookin for your other questions i am more that happy to help just rather not jump all over

Thanks for listening

and i honestly would love to help so would every one else

walleyes12

In my opinion this is the the toughest month to hunt coyotes. The deer hunters are still hunting and there are plenty of gut piles for the coyotes to snack on. The key is to be patient and not let the litte success your having this month discourage you.

tanman

xhcx- ya just kinda try to get the hang of it ya know... but will do ...thanks

xHCxOutdoorsman

sorry i didnt really want to sound like a well you know but yeah we are more than happy to help and i dont want to make you feel not welcome because you are MN NEEDS TRAPPERS TO PROTECT OR FUTURE AND TRADITION!!!!!!!!!

steiger

If your from roch try driving or calling just west and south of byron. I worked up there last winter and when i would drive to work i would always see them out in that area. there is alot of good cover in that area. after deer hutning i put out the carcas's in some of our fields just to see i they would be out there during the day but still have never seen one. there is tracks so they must hit them at night. good luck

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      Will Green be ice free for Govenors opener?
    • Bigfatbert
      Just make sure there are not any tiny , tiny little bloodsuckers attached to the fins , as they so often are up on these front fins ..  I don't mean to spoil ur appetite... like the cheeks ,these wings need to come from a larger walleye in order to get much out it ..
    • TomWehler
      Scaled n skin on after gut n de-head. Wash n batter n sizzle. Fork at Dorsel n whole fillet falls onto plate or butter bun or hounds mouth. : ). Mmmmm sooo good.      I dream melt ice at Nine inches per week starting today -  Pike bay be open day before opener clear out to Marauderville. Then Bonnie n I n Polar Bear do opener on Docks as per our tradition. Dreams are fun.   Then everyone wants to can enjoy the fever reducer that is our sweet Vermilion. Big Smiles. Maybe weekend after opener?  All good but just miss our lil chunk of paradise x million. An lake friends n nuts.  Think warm thinks!  Thanks for letting me post some n butt in on threads a bit. Still two feet of snow here n same ice an nothing to do outside easy.  Peace...     T
    • DUCKHTR
      Thanks guys for the information.  I will stop in at Fred's sometime this summer and say hello.
    • TomWehler
      Hi. Figured everyone did that. Hmmmm?  Life long pal Rene Franckuz Way Up end of road Red Lake Ontario showed me that lil yummy rid bit long time ago when we was both still young, he had hair n both loved BEER N BRANDY with anything 24/7. Called them Yanks! Nice videos to share. Try it you will like it. Mmmmm hungry!! Keep on Rocken!  T
    • rumeye
      Better known as North Dakota shrimp.  
    • leech~~
      well I never?  Here's another. May have to give that a try.    
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Wakemup, I also like them scaled and the skin crispy but hate all of those scales every where so I fillet them with no skin. Cliff I have not heard any news about the City Auto Glass. Pike Bay will be open to fishing. Ice being off of it will be close! Cliff
    • Rick
      Two additional open-house meetings are scheduled in the Twin Cities metro area to help people understand and ask questions about Minnesota’s draft statewide deer management plan. “We heard from some who wanted open-house meetings closer to home in the metro area, so we added two to the other ones in the lineup,” said Leslie McInenly, acting wildlife populations and programs manager with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources. Here is the schedule for the metro area meetings: St. Paul, Monday, April 23, DNR Headquarters, 500 Lafayette Road. Richfield, Monday, April 30, Wood Lake Nature Center, 6710 Lake Shore Drive. These meetings are in addition to 35 others in which Wildlife staff will provide handouts explaining the deer plan and process, and will talk with attendees individually and in small groups. The DNR is taking online public comments on the new plan now through Wednesday, May 9, at mndnr.gov/deerplan. There will be paper copies of the questionnaire available at the open houses for those who are not able to complete it online. All meetings are scheduled from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and people can arrive anytime during the two-hour time frame. There will be no formal presentation at the meetings. Minnesota’s new deer plan sets a new statewide harvest target, increases citizen participation in deer management, and outlines ways to keep the population and habitat healthy. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • snagger
      Has anyone heard what they'll do about the City Auto Glass walleye tourney if the ice isn't off by May 19? Even if the ice is off....will they close Pike Bay?