• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Looks like I'll be up at Island Lake just before Christmas this year for a family gathering. I figured I would bring my ice fishing gear with and see how it goes. The problem is I have no clue what it's like fishing this lake...

Does anyone have any suggestions on areas to start, structure, depth, etc? Maybe some common color schemes that work well here? At this point in time I really don't have any second-hand info to go by, and am not sure if my LakeMaster GPS chip includes this lake.

edit: I'm specifically referring to the Island Lake north of Duluth. Not the one near Red Lake.

I have only been fishing here for a couple years and i have not tried Island yet. I have looked at maps of it, it looks like a beast, there is a ton of structure in that lake.