• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

AA Lion Batteries

nate larson

Question

I am thinking about buying some Lithium Ion batteries and a charger for my H2Oc. Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind to get? Any help would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

are you referring to just the standard rechargeable batteries you can buy anywhere? if you are i have used both energizers and Duracells and have noticed no difference in run time with either of them, i would get whatever you can get on sale.

No, not just the standard batteries. I am looking for lithium ion batteries. I have heard that they last longer than other kinds but are a little more expensive. Does anyone use these?

i am sure you could find them somewhere try the batteries plus stores. the nice thing about lithium batteries is they are more suited for cold temps ans will endure the cold better than most standard and alkaline batteries. the not so nice thing is the cost. i just picked up some for my remote weather system. but if they get me more life it is well worth it. ... paul

Thanks for the info Paul. I didn't know that they work better in the cold. That is good to know. How much did your batteries cost? Did you buy AA's?

I cannot comment on the H20, but I always use the Energizer Lithiums in my digital camera. Day and night difference between those and standard Energizer. They are a lot lighter as well. You can buy them anywhere (walmart, target, etc)

I don't like using the rechargeables on anything that sits for any amount time between uses. Right when you need it the most (camera) the batteries are dead. I'll pay a little extra for the satisfaction of knowing they'll be ready to go.

AA will run ya about $7 per two pack and $14 for a 4 pk. glad i could shed some light for ya. but just so you know they are not the rechargeable ones. i am sure they are a bit more. ... paul