• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Weed Shark

Fresh Air Stadium?

Weed Shark

I’m curious how the new stadium will situate next to the Hennepin County garbage incinerator. I use to lease a space on the 9th floor of the Ford Centre. When the wind was right, my window was a whiteout of burnt garbage smoke. Will gas masks be needed in the upper deck when the wind is right? Nothing like a fresh air, outdoors stadium. I get to pay for it every day, living in Hennepin County. You know we’ll be crying for an indoor stadium again in 20-30 years. Until then, can we name this one the “Pohlad’s Poisonous Gas Emporium.”

LwnmwnMan2

Quote:

I’m curious how the new stadium will situate next to the Hennepin County garbage incinerator. I use to lease a space on the 9th floor of the Ford Centre. When the wind was right, my window was a whiteout of burnt garbage smoke. Will gas masks be needed in the upper deck when the wind is right? Nothing like a fresh air, outdoors stadium. I get to pay for it every day, living in Hennepin County. You know we’ll be crying for an indoor stadium again in 20-30 years. Until then, can we name this one the “Pohlad’s Poisonous Gas Emporium.”

They'll be screaming for a new stadium within 5 years.

Once the newness wears off, it's going to be more of a hassle for anyone from the east side to get there than the dome ever was.

Sure you can drive off of 394, but that's only good for people from the west.

Should have put it in Blaine, EP, whereever, build an entire road system to it, with acres of tailgating space.

It's going to be a complete failure where it's going.

IFallsRon

I'll bet that burner will be moving up the road and we'll be paying for the reloaction.

zamboni

I still think the best thing they coulda done was placed a side on some water, like San Fran, and made it something special to hit water bombs like Barry does out there. We mighta had ppl in kayaks trying to catch Morneaus 80th one day.

blue_healer_guy

They could put that thing anywhere, it dont matter. A couple of offseasons like the one we maybe seeing now, nobody is going to show up anyway.

Weed Shark

I had to drag this old thread up again.

Did you read today’s Star Tribune "Local" news article, "A Stinky Situation"?

It drives me crazy. Jeff Johnson and Gail Dorfman seem so surprised there is a problem. Who did the county's study? Where did common sense leave the equation?

The last time I drove downtown, the lower garbage incinerator smoke stacks were blowing at street level over Olson Memorial Highway.

In hindsight, maybe "...Pollution Emporium," or "Stench Stadium" sounds better.

PierBridge

Depending on wind conditions maybe can turn the incinerator on/off to gain a competitive advantage?

smile

SledNeck

I still think the best thing they coulda done was placed a side on some water, like San Fran, and made it something special to hit water bombs like Barry does out there. We mighta had ppl in kayaks trying to catch Morneaus 80th one day.

Or have people out there on the ice, trying to catch the balls

Weed Shark

Big spending Hennepin County, wastes 100's of millions building a stadium in a horrible location. Now they're spending 2.3 million to change the garbage burner and install spritzers to spray garbage trucks with perfume (please...spray cheap flower fragrance on a fart and tell me if it smells any better). They also suggest garbage haulers not use the facility on game days because traffic will be too crazy.

It’s like when Captain Jack Sparrow gets accused of cheating and answers, "...pirate."

They were told it wouldn't stink, and I respond to them, "...garbage burner."

Weed Shark

Really, the whole playing field is in foul territory.

How long will it be before they try to spend a fortune to move the garbage burner?

How long after that, until the want to build a new ballpark, in a different location, anyway? Not long, according to the above posts.

pinkfloyd4ever

Yes, stadium stays and incinerator goes, but that won't be an easy task either, might have to get an amendment, or better yet, the ARTS portion of the CWA can fund moving it!

Gary Crichton

We are building a new stadium next to a garbage plant.

Was this Minnesota politics at its finest. We must have gotten a discount. Wait until the National network gets wind of it so to speak.

G.C.

Bluegill1510

Quote:
When the wind was right, my window was a whiteout of burnt garbage smoke. Will gas masks be needed in the upper deck when the wind is right? Nothing like a fresh air, outdoors stadium.

Alright! Another reason for not coming down to the cities or to go watch a Twins game, and I can go fishing or hunting instead! Thanks for the insite guys, I really only go to 1 or 2 games a year, so it won't hurt my feelings if I don't go to a game. I'd rather listen to them on the radio looking out at a lake or see them on the TV over a fresh fish fry anyways.

I'm just curious but why was the big push to keeping it downtown or in Mpls at all? Why not build it in a suburb like bloomington close enough to the airport for traveling teams and what not? I like the idea of having water next to the Stadium like in San Fran, but where would you build it down there? Every lake is developed, and I really don't see metro area folks driving to, for example Lake Mille Lacs for a Twins game if the stadium was built there.....again if there was room for development of a structure like that near the pond. So I guess its stuck next to the incinerator, and the Target Center.

SledNeck

I guess the twins will just have to play in a "good enough" stadium. Its disappointing when you think of what we could have.