• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Matt C

I broke down and winterized the boat today...

Is it May yet?

Team Otter

I was thinking the same thing but I haven't broke down yet. Actually, I was thinking of doing some fishing tomorrow afternoon. grin.gif

yamydude

I put mine away last sunday afternoon and evertime i drive by a lake i want to kick my self in the hind end we need ice soon.

MinnesotaMongo

Oh, but it's SO close. The rest of this week will really hurry things up.

There was ice in the bucket this morning - it's CLOSE!

tcroz

Just curious what do you do to winterize your boat. I've always taken it to a marina. I'd like to save some $$$$

Team Otter

Push new "lube" through the lower unit, fill gas tank, add Sta-Bil to full gas tank, unplug gas line and run motor out of gas, pull plug, open all compartments, trim motor down and pull all batteries and electronics.

In the spring, new oil, oil filter and plugs...pitter, patter, let's get at 'er. grin.gif

Matt C

Took the words out of my mouth TO smile.gif

The only thing I do different is, I don't pull the gas line. I just run it for 10 minutes or so to get the gas treatment through.

I also put RV/Anti Freeze through the live wells tanks, output and input. And I put it in the hull of the boat, and run it through the bilge until it runs all red. Then pull the plug to make sure theres nothing left and shes all dry. (wet dry vac works well)

I also put charcoal in the dry storage and live wells to ensure no moisture stays in there to mold up. I may be a bit anal with that, but it seems to work :/

Team Otter

"Breaking down" in a few minutes... confused.gif

hawkeye43

I have a heated garage you can put your boat in so you wouldn't have to go thought all that work. grin.gif P.S. Will need the keys to start it so it doesn't get all gumed up. wink.gif

Team Otter

You must be done. smirk.gif

hawkeye43

yes, just slept for 7 hours, ate supper, slept another 11 hours, what day is it??? blush.gif

Eric Wettschreck

I didn't mind putting the boat away for the winter. Ice is right around the corner so storing the boat is bittersweet. I just got done putting the 68 fury down for it's long winter nap and that hurt.

C'mon ice!!!!!

Team Otter

Time to eat again. grin.gif