• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Deb Radosevich Burntside Bash

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Northlander

• Tom Linderholm

• Jim Almquist

You don't need live bait unless you plan to fish with a tip-up or bobber rig, and lots of people just put a dead frozen cisco or smelt on their tip-ups.

If you do want live bait, golden shiners and rainbows are great. You can get both in Ely at Great Outdoors or Babe's Bait and Tackle. I believe both are opening up early the Saturday of the Bash.

blush.gif Dead minnies confused.gif live minnies the only thing that dont work is c4 there thats that. Now then the truck is ready gear is ready all thats left is fri nite. crazy.gif Everybody laying low in the pm or is the crazy.gif wabbit in? eek.gif

We advised the bartender at the Wabbit to expect a flood both Fri and Sat. She just looked at the schedule and said she was glad she wasn't workin'!

Yup, what Wanderer said is totally true- I was there!!!! crazy.gif

Good thing the old Wabbit is only 3 blocks from my house...it's easy crawling distance for me!!!! Hey Wanderer, you up for some more plink this time?!?! sick.gifgrin.gif

I think I am going to go out tomorrow and catch me a nice delicious porterhouse steak tomorrow!!!! cool.gif

Justin

frogtosser,

Tomorrow, I will be using my 8" Jiffy to auger with since my 10" auger is still in the shop for repairs. Generally, I like the 10" hole for porterhouse steaks.

Justin

Originally Posted By: ripstick
Everybody laying low in the pm or is the crazy.gif wabbit in? eek.gif

What kind of question is that?

I think what ripstick meant was "Is everyone hanging low on Friday or Saturday nights, or is the Kwazy Wabbit the hang out for refreshments after the bash?"

Justin

No worries Justin, I know where he is going, I'm just suprised that he had to ask the question. blush.gif

Like I said before you wont see me in the Wabbit at all unless its to come mop up all the Fmers from the floor after too many.

I have a feeling a new record will be set this year.

Jimalm,

It takes almost exactly 2 hours from my place just south of Cloquet to get to the landing. I am hoping to be up on friday am also, wont know til thursday night tho. If so, I'll be at the landing by 8am.

tc, I will email you thursday and let you know if I'm going up in the AM or PM. If in the AM, I'll give ya my cell # and when you get to the landing you can give me a call and I can help you setup if needed. If nothing else let me know you're there so I can come back and unload the sled for you to use.

I've got some work to do on my Otter this week, the F-I-L hit it with his sled on Red last weekend and bent one of the side poles and it will hardly extend now *#@!%$%!!

Thanks Xplorer thats what I was hoping for so if we leave at a 5

:45 and 1 potty break we will be there at 8:00. grin.gif

Xplorer,

Do you have round or square tube? When I replaced one of my round tube type last season I ordered a spare. It's not the outer tube that attaches to the sled. I have an extra inner tube that extends out. Let me know if you think you could use it to get you up and running.

Here's a long-range forecast that includes Bash weekend. Looking pretty good. Can't ask for warmer weather than that for the end of January up here. Sure beats the -25 it was a few years back when the Bash tourney signup was held. I'll never forget trying to get people signed up when no pens would work because of the cold. Plus, it was hard to write with expedition mitts on. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

M.L.King Day: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -6. Wind chill values as low as -31. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: A 20 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -22. Wind chill values as low as -30. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of snow before noon. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near -1. Wind chill values as low as -26. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around -13. Wind chill values as low as -32. North wind between 5 and 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 0. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -20.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 11.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -5.

Friday: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16.

Friday Night: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4.

Saturday: A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.

Sunday: A slight chance of snow. Partly cloudy, with a high near 18.

Tom,

Thanks for the offer, unfortunately i have the square type and I am pretty sure that it is one (or both) of the two side poles that is bent (it is the rear pole set thats messed up).

He hit it right in the corner with the snowmobile's bumper at a pretty good speed mad.gif I could barely push it up after that, had to use my back to get it to slide up. Luckily, it seems like he only bent one of the 4 pole setups. I'm going to take it off the tub and bring them in and find out which of the 2 is out of "straight", fix it, give it a good spray of lubricant, and hopefully that will take care of it.

Stevo, those are some fine temps to be fishing in, perfect B-side weather!! Sorry about your Pack last night, just wasnt meant to be I guess....I'm sure that my Dad, and definitly the in-laws, are crying in their brandy&beer right now grin.gif

Xplorer, Just let me know what the plan is. Had we planned to stay on Saturday as well?

I have a 3 man flip also, so if you don't get a chance to work on your house. I am going to through my 3 man in we will have one.

I haven't time to think about when I am leaving yet, but I would assume early on Friday. Give me a call on Thursday and we can get things figured out.

Originally Posted By: jimalm
Thanks Xplorer thats what I was hoping for so if we leave at a 5

:45 and 1 potty break we will be there at 8:00. grin.gif

nope - no potty breaks \:o thats wasting valuable time from ice time \:D

Tami the break is for Lisa not me. It will be the last warm seat till the Paddle or the Wabbit \:D

I have a ? for anyone that lives in Ely on places to eat and rough distance from the Paddle. I like to get up early and have a good breakfast and at the end of a good day on the ice a burger and a beer would even be better

yes there are some good places to eat up here. The steak house has really good food and there are also a few breakfast places also. i think one is called journys end

Not sure about hours, but Journey's End is pretty close to the Paddle, and Vertin's is right downtown on Sheridan and they make a mean breakfast, too.

Xplorer depending on wich pole you need I may have them. I think I have 2 from my old Otter in the rafters.

I was never real impressed with the Ely Steakhouse. Subway is right across the street from the FM(Paddle) Inn. DQ down the road and some other places to eat down by the Wabbit.