• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Deb Radosevich Burntside Bash

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Northlander

• Tom Linderholm

• JustinG

Tom/tcbrookston,

I tried to email you on friday but the mail came back to from the address I used hsduluth at yahoo (Contact Us Please) com.

I was basically asking that if you had an open bunk for friday and saturday nights that I'd sure be appreciative to stay in one if you have the room. I had hoped to take off work friday, but realized it is the first week of classes so no can do. I would be up on friday night about 8ish. Ive got a couple sleds and an Otter house I will be bringing up and would be happy to show you around B-side (how much will depend on ma nature and the slush smile.gif )

If you'd have a spot just let me know, and I'll pack the earplugs (tho I've been known to make a little noise after a few bumps also grin.gif )

Chris

Xplorer, Yes that will work.

Sorry about the email. My mistake. It is rsduluth rather than hsduluth. Go ahead and email me so that I have yours in case I need to get a hold of you.

Lungbuster, welcome to the Bash! It'll be on January 26. I see this thread has gotten so long that it's hard to glean a lot of details from it, and closer to the Bash date we'll lock this one and start a new thread with final Bash details.

There likely won't be an admission fee, but we're still working out how to arrange a few of those things.

If its a friendly get together, cant really charge anything can you? But i think a donation box where people can give what they can for Deb would be cool.. a box with a slit on the top.. to some giving just a few bucks might be embarrassing to them and with a box no one will know how much they are donating..One year we had that, and a person collected the money and some people felt bad cause they only had a few bucks to give..You can charge for raffle tickets too..For big prizes..Charge for food..If you guys wanted you could have a small golf tourney, everyone give a few bucks to enter, holes are drilled and a marker placed..all you need is stick with orange on it, (i have the orange vinyl for flags) a putter and a ball that floats ( plastic painted orange).. and winner gets prize.. That always seems to get a lot of people playing..

Theres another ice fishing game with cards..

I learn a lot with traveling with my grandfather on the Pro Bass Circuit, you should see some of the things they all would do after a tourney lol

We could have a catfish toss. Kinda like a carp toss I have seen in Prairie du Chien Wi. Similar to Kallista's golf thing, but youz pays youz money, youz tosses youz catfish, and the winner is whoever can throw Steve...I mean the catfish the furthest. grin.gif

Hmmm, it would take quite a strong person to even pick me up, let alone throw me ANY distance. NOT that I'm challenging anyone! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

I suggest a Tension Toss. Surface Tension is considerably lighter than I am, so it would open up the field to more competitors, and would be a great way to bleed off stress. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Careful, I'm very ticklish.

Looks like Xplorer will be staying in the house for the weekend with me. There is still room for two more. (unless I get the pole installed grin.gif)

There is room for a 200 pounder and room for one more. (up to 350 pounder)

Sorry Northlander, but I don't have an 8 foot bunk. laugh.gif , but would love to have you if we could fit you in.

Quote:

Hey, and it's great you're bringing dtro, if for no other reason than his credit card is paying for the motel room.
grin.gifgrin.gif

I'm pretty sure I booked a room. She took my CC number, but not really sure what I'm getting in return. My hope is that I booked a room, but there's also a slight possibility that I bought some steak knives.

I really don't know. If not a room, I hope I bought something nice.

I should really call back to confirm, but I'm not sure I'm up to reinacting the "who's on first" bit I did the first time I called.

• 3 weeks later...

See you boys up on the ice, most likely getting up friday night and am staying with Tom in his wheelhouse at the landing so will be out bright and early saturday AM.

Steve/Chunky, I've got a couple things to ask you guys. I'll bend your ears over a couple Lagers at HQ sometime during the day.

Good luck this weekend on the troutskies, I'm off to Red on the annual trip with the father-in-law.

what would be easier to travel with a atv or a snowmobile? I have both but only room to bring one, what are the close hotels up there?

See you up here, Xplorer! grin.gif

frogtosser, sleds are almost always better after some good snow, and we've had plenty of snow. We had a pretty hard melt last week/weekend for several days and that will freeze up again, and that may make it OK for wheelers, too, but wait until after this weekend's opener and I'll be posting an ice report. I'll post it in the Bside Bash final details thread under "ice conditions," so look for it there. There are no "close" hotels, because the Bside public landing is about five miles from Ely. Another issue is that a major snowmobile event always happens this same weekend in Ely and Tower, so you need to dig to get a reservation soon or see if someone else here has room in theirs. You can find a list of Ely motels here. Also, if Ely motels are full, there's the MarJo Motel in Tower, which is about 18 miles from the turnoff to the public landing.

grin.gifgrin.gif I finally got a snowmobile yesterday that works and that I could afford! grin.gifgrin.gif So that will assuredly mean wheeler travel will be fine. \:\/

The Neighbor Guy, a co-worker, myself, and hopefully Justin G will be out this weekend. I think I'll bring the wheeler too since 1 person doesn't have any transportation besides gettin a buck from one of us. The wheeler (Sportsman 500) has what I call Humm Vee suspension and chains so I think it will do as good as any wheeler could. I will report also.

Steve, I'll have a door prize with this weekend so if you come across Justin and 3 others following him around, stop by. Heck, fish for awhile too if you can't find better company. ;\) Otherwise I can give the prize to Justin so its at least in town for ya.

Thanks, Wanderer. I know what Justin's rig looks like. I'll be driving an old black Yamaha Exciter 440 pulling an Otter cottage (purple with black travel cover).

If you and the Gman can give me an idea of which part of the lake you'll be hitting, I can make it a point to try to stop by.

If you head North, there is a very narrow chance you would miss us.

If it makes it, the aforementioned wheeler will be there (green), hooked up to a green otter. The Neighborguy's '94 A/C Jag 440 2-up (black/green) with a one man Fishtrap, my '95 Polaris Indy 440 2-up (black w/red and blue, even tho my S/

O calls it pink and teal crazy.gif) pulling a Fishtrap Voyager.

If its nice at all, I won't be in the house. Look for the guy with the silver fox hairdo, two rods and an FL8.

Of course there's Friday night at the watering hole (open for bid) while we're letting the trailer warm up. Hopefully we'll be there between 8 and 9.

I am sorry to say I will be unable to attend this years Bash. I hope everyone has a great time and I hope the Items I donated are appreciated by whoever gets them.

Frogtosser,

Never clocked it, just drove it. My guess is 8 miles total to the Van Vac landing.

Steve,

Plans changed. Same location, less players Saturday. Neighbor is sick and Justin is going further East. He'll be out Sunday though. Just the Jag and the Indy 2-ups. One green and one blue flip over.

Wade, thanks for the donations. cool.gif Too bad you can't make it. \:\(

Hmmm, Wanderer, maybe I'll get up there. I won't be fishing too far from that northern turn. Got a cell phone? E-mail me the number.

Frogtosser, check out the final Bside Bash details thread on this board. Many answers to many questions, including directions from Tower and Ely, are there.

I'll be out there as well. Not sure exactly where yet. Will have a green polaris sportsman with a voyager and x2. Will be my first opener on Burnt. Very excited!!! Stop by and say hello, will do the same.

ERW

I'm getting pumped to head up there!

I really want to catch a Laker.

Anyone fishing Fri? Sounds like we'll be up around noon to try to get out for a while.

Jim, great to see it made one of the papers. Wish they'd have put in the url for this board so their readers could get enough info, but a mention is better than nothing.

dtro, I suspect there'll be almost as many Bashers fishing up here on Friday as there are on the actual day of the Bash. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

dtro, I know Lisa and Tami plan on being up there for friday and I am planning on it too.