• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Deb Radosevich Burntside Bash

jimalm. i wont be able to go friday because i got school stuff in the morning. i found a spot pretty close to the van vac landing i want to fish for saterday though if you would still like togive me a ride then it would be great. went out on burntside today. cought a 7lb trout. o i said trout it was actually a eel pout lol

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Northlander

• Tom Linderholm

• JustinG

That sound great Fishkid and if we find any honey holes on Friday I have no problem with you fishing with us. Try to keep your thoughts on school work and not the tug of a monster laker on the end of your rod grin.gif Don't forget that we have a chef preparing us lunch on the ice grin.gif Thanks Cheffery

Well with -29 this morn. dont have to worry about slush this weekend. Weather today makes me think of last years sat am. Countdown is up and runnig t- .

Well my Subaru's head gasket is repaired,,,so there is still a chance that I will be making an appearence at the bash ,,,,Hope to see ya there

Randoid

Here's our latest forecast. It's -29 right now, but about to warm up nicely.

Today: Sunny, with a high near 9. Wind chill values as low as -48. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around -7. West wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Friday: A 20 percent chance of snow after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. South wind around 5 mph.

Friday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. South wind around 5 mph.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 30.

Randy that sounds great hope to see you there.

Steve thanks for the info on the smelt from the Ladies thread. I will have to see if there are any available in the area.

RANDY! RANDY! RANDY! You now have no excuse to miss the bash.

Jim, I believe I may have some smelt that you can use for the bash, I will likely bring all that I have to make room in the freezer for this year.

The only problem with today is that it's not Friday, of to work I go.

I've updated the ice/slush report on the final Bside Bash details post, and we've added a few things to the silent auction, so take a "final" look at that thread before heading up here.

See you all on Burntside! grin.gifgrin.gif

Last winter I told myself this would be the year that I wake up at 3 in the morning and drive my sorry behind up for this Bash thing. Well, our daughter was born on December 18th so once again (third year in a row for me now) I will have to wait until next year. Have a great weekend, I will be there next year!

Jim,

I will also bring a couple extra packs of smelt to the bash. There is no need to pick some up. They stay frozen quite well in the back of the truck and only take a few minutes on top of the defroster to be ready to use.

As much as I like to fish alone - I'm hoping to be a total pest and tag along someone(s) at least fri and maybe sat grin.gif. New lake, new fish, new people, - a girls' got to learn all she can ya know \:\/

Beside you all seem like a decent bunch to hang with - grin.gif LOL \:D

jimalm i will give you my email so you can get me your cell theni will send my cell number back. hckystick4 at yahoo dot com

Cheffrey,

Will your grill be available for Friday evening? If so I'll leave mine at home and just bring up some charcoal but if it is a hassle for you I'll just throw mine in the back of the truck.

Mike

Tami, I think there are going to be so many of us tomorrow morning down at the landing that finding someone to hang and fish with simply won't be a problem. We'll make sure everybody's hooked up.

It certainly will, it is a two section deal that has a smaller side likely the size of your weber. The other side fits a pig. Where would you like it? On the ice or at the paddle.

Cheffery and BD110 thanks a lot for the offer but some times it doesn't pay to be prepared. I just bought 4 dozen from Outdoor Advantage along with some minnows but I am sure there will be some other FMers that could use them.

Fishkid my cell is 218-428-2504 if you need it otherwise we will meet up Saturday around 8:00. My sled is a 2 up Polaris light blue with pink stripes and I will be wearing camo head to toe and I will look for a guy pulling a Yukon that looks like he needs a ride grin.gif

Quote:
Where would you like it? On the ice or at the paddle.

Great, on the ice at HQ would be wonderful. I was going to meet up with Explorer there. Thanks! Anyone else interested in grilling before heading to the Wabbit on Friday feel free to stop by.

Chaffmj, I just got word from our maintenance dept. that we will need to burn it before cooking as it is freshly painted. So we will need to get it fired up for a couple hours with wood (we are bringing) before you grill on it.

I'll get a check in the mail in the next week or so. I know how medical expenses add up.

When my wife had her organ transplant (in 2004) there were complications, and she was in the Hospital,(U of M) the Bethesda Rehab, and then courage center for a total of 11 months.

Prayers and thoughts go out to the family!!!!

I found some smelt at the grocery store, do you have to stay mobile when trout fishing or can you stay put in one spot?

This has probably been mentioned already, but in the midst of getting everything together, I totally forgot to get a trout stamp. Heads up to everyone else blush.gif

T-minus 11 hours!

Dtro if you have not bought a stamp I received a stamp in the mail so I checked my license and sure enough I paid for 3 so if you want it it is yours. I will bring it to the bash just in case.

frogtosser, some stay in one spot all day and others move around. Totally a judgment call, and both styles of fishing work fine.

Dtro and I are ski-daddling out of the Twin Cities at 2am tonight and will be up there in the early morning. Plan to fish the majority of the day or until the early morning catches up with us. grin.gif

I "think" I've got a super top secret miracle Lake Trout lure. Can't wait to try it! ;\)

Chris, after about a four and a half hour drive, you'll be rolling into Burntside about the time I'm waking up. Ahhhh, to be a local! grin.gifgrin.gif

You just gonna hit the ice and fish from 6:30 on or nap in your pickup until 8ish? grin.gifgrin.gif

No by the time we get things straight, make a couple pit stops, and get our coffee on, it will be 8 as we roll in ;\)