• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Deb Radosevich Burntside Bash

I will also have my backpacking stove for anyone that wants hot coffee, soup, etc. I will be bringing brats and omelet in a bag for Saturday and some other grillin's for Friday. See you all up there at 8 am!

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Northlander

• Tom Linderholm

• JustinG

Quote:
chaffmj,

I would also like to grill a couple things on friday night, and if you have your grill I could just bring some extra charcoal instead of the whole deal. Does that sound OK with you? A few small steaks (I'll eat some of them cold on the ice saturday for lunch) and a couple foil packs with veggies and 'schrooms.

I'm staying on the lake/parking lot with tc brookston in his sleeper house. I'll hook up with you on friday.

Xplorer,

cool.gif Don't worry about bringing any coal I'll have plenty. I'll see ya on the lake Friday for grilling and beers.

I've never had a hot meal on the ice. But you all have inspired me. I'll have my camp stove ( w/pot and utensils) and a metal bucket and kindeling I use for small wood fires. Gotta cook a hotdog or 2.

Maybe some hot coco and Baileys \:\)

sorry guys - its a girl thing \:o

Sounds like party.

Hey guys, don't get to wild on the cooking equipment. I will have the wheel house up there sometime on friday and through the day on Saturday. It is stocked up with anything that is need for cooking. Oven, Stove, Microwave, pots, pans, coffee pot and a small grill. It will be available for anyone that needs it. At the very least, we will be on the landing. If we can get it out on the lake, it will be there. You will still need stuff for when you are out fishing away from base camp if you want a hot meal.

I am going to freeze up an omlete bag to have for breakfast on Saturday in case we don't meat somewhere to eat.

tc, you'll be able to get out onto the lake with the house and then park the vehicle back near shore or in the parking lot.

Everyone remember that Cheffrey will have plenty of grilling food on Saturday for us to eat and the proceeds go to Deb so dont eat too much while fishing.

Cheffrey thanks a lot for doing that man. Let me know if ya need my help doing anything. I could be in charge of beverages maybe? ;\)

You got it Steve, I had all of the food donated by Sysco MN. for this event. The only out of pocket will be charcoal so it is no problem at all to do this and definetely my pleasure! I plan on getting back to HQ about 1 o'clock to fire up the grill and start getting food ready by 2-3 o'clock until its all gone. We have on the menu Burgers, Brats, Chicken Breast, and CHaffmj will be bringing pork loin. There will be tater salad to boot.

STF---sounds like people are driving out to fish but staying well away from HQ. I have the sled and all the gear but this would be easier to due by truck, I gotta be back saturday night. can I pull this off or should I bring the sled?

Awesome man! Tell the boys at Sysco thanks from us.

Great menu dude. Looks like we will have full bellies to get us through the long Ely night. grin.gif

Hey Tom, you might know a good friend of mine who is head of the "gold client" division at Sysco MN. No doubt Odyssey Resorts fits the "gold" designation.

Glad to see a time here for eats, too, so folks can plan a little bit. Looks like things will be ramping up at HQ around 1:30-2 p.m., with the drawing planned for 3 p.m.

For those fishing Friday, bring on all your own food! As Northlander said, for those coming Saturday, don't forget where the food donations are going. Mmmmmm, fresh hot food on the ice Friday AND Saturday. Mmmmmmm. grin.gifgrin.gif

Anyone planning to stay overnight Saturday and fish Sunday?

Steve the way the weather looks Im planning on Fishing sunday until about 2 or 3.

Well, because I'll only be fishing Friday morning (I hope) and not at all on Saturday, it would be nice to get out on Sunday.

Quote:
* at the landing by 8:00 am. head out together ( convoy )

* bring your own lunch

* catch lots of big lakers

* back for dinner and a drink at the Wabbit.

Sound pretty good so far with one exception. I will be making a good size batch( like 5 pounds) of sloppy joes and will be more then happy to share a hot lunch so if you have your radio on and want to grab a quick joe I will give a shout on channel 7. I will provide buns. BYOC bring your own chips. Steve we will be fishing on Sunday till 1 or 2 and if the fish seem in a good mood 3 or 4.

Good point about the grilling and thanks for putting up the time Cheffery. Am I correct to assume that there will not be any non-alcoholic beverages available at the BBQ? Just checking so everyone can plan accordingly if they want pop or something of that nature.

Steve, we will be fishing Sunday (into the afternoon a bit), so we can convoy back as well.

I'll be there also Sunday and maybe Monday and Tuesday and Wensday I hope the fishing is good but you can't catch fish if your line is dry

I was thinking that if I was lucky enough to get a couple of B-side eaters I would like to do a late afternoon trout boil on friday along with the grilling. If tc has a boiling pot I will boil up what i catch on my heater/cooker for folks to try. When I've fished up in Ontario its always been customary to have a boil for lunch out on the ice, and it tastes pretty darn good \:\) We normally just use squeeze butter and salt and pepper to each's taste on the trout chunks.

As far as sunday goes right now I'm planning on heading home saturday, but, may just stay the night in the truck with the weather so nice and fish til noon.

Chunky, you will be missed at the Bash, but we'll raise a Lager to you in honor of the Bash's "Founding Father" grin.gifgrin.gif

Well, once again, JustinG won't be at the Bash this year. I will be on my way up to Ontario on Friday morning for 4 days. I have quite a few weekends tied up until March, so this may be my only chance to get up there and go after some monsters.

I have never been to a Burntside Bash yet and it is like 4 miles away from my house!!!! Something always comes up every year!!! Could somebody please give Kallista and fishkid a ride out on the lake for me?

Well, maybe next year

Its sounding like I won't get to fish on friday, but we'll see. We will fish on saturday and I'm hoping to spend a few hours out there on sunday. You did say that the morning bite is typically better. Thats when I caught my fish last year......sunday morning.

At this point Sunday is a possibility, I have to leave for MPLS airport at 1am Sunday night so if I do it will be early and out. It also depends on my better half and her disposition about 3 days in a row.

Here's the latest forecast. Looks like the cold snap is going to fade away at just the right time. It's -26 as I write this.

Today: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -5. Wind chill values as low as -39. Northwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around -24. Wind chill values as low as -34. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Thursday: Sunny and cold, with a high near 5. Wind chill values as low as -35. Calm wind becoming southwest between 5 and 10 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -6. Southwest wind between 5 and 10 mph.

Friday: A slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 20. South wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Friday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8.

Saturday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.

Saturday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.

Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 23.

Sounds like Team DTro/Hanson might be leaving in time to get in some morning fishing on Fri.

I was going to bring up my grill, but by the sounds of it there will be plenty to go around. We are shoehorning a third person for the ride up, so packing lighter is better, so I will leave the grill at home.

Can’t wait to tangle with a laker on my new Jason Mitchell rod!

I hoping that there will be somewhere for a guy to slip some cash for the cause ;\)

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

That forecast looks good!

SK, Jr, and I will be at the landing bright and early.

Dtro, yep you'll have the opportunity to help the cause.

Its getting to be crunch time and I've just a few details to wrap up.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

That forcast sure beats last year, almost bathing suit weather, let's just hope they stick to it.

The excitement is building and I cannot wait. I suppose I should get the gear ready today.

Pumped! Pumped! Pumped!

Originally Posted By: fishgutz77
STF---sounds like people are driving out to fish but staying well away from HQ. I have the sled and all the gear but this would be easier to due by truck, I gotta be back saturday night. can I pull this off or should I bring the sled?

I think this post got lost in all the excitement. I am wondering the same thing.

Originally Posted By: Cheffrey
Pumped! Pumped! Pumped!

Boy Tom, you got right! I'm sitting here at work just waiting/hoping for the call from the Mrs. at home asking "what is this long box from some guy named Jason Mitchell that the FedEx/UPS guy just dropped off??" grin.gif

Of course my response will be "well I needed an ice rod to go along with that reel that I bought on clearance last year at Gander" whistle.gif;\)grin.gif

nolte, I will not recommend people drive their full-sized vehicles on the ice. There is at least 16 inches of ice on most of the places I've fished, but that can vary as we all know.

For those who do drive onto the ice, please stay well away from HQ. Even if it happens to be safe for one vehicle, once you start parking several trucks in one place, bad things can happen.

For safety reasons, I recommend the sled, which makes you a lot more mobile than the pickup, anyway.

All that being said, people were driving on the ice last weekend and we've continued to have blistering cold nighttime temps, so I don't doubt people will be driving on the ice next weekend, too. I just don't recommend it. You understand, I'm sure.

I'll be out and about today, so I'll check in and see if any contractors have plowed an ice road out. If that's been done, well, that changes things just a bit.