• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Deb Radosevich Burntside Bash

Well due to a blown head gasket ,,,I wont be making the bash this year (Im sure the wabbit wont miss my buisness) so Good Weather and Good Fishing to every one,,,Ill be sure to get there next year ,,,Have fun

Randoid

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Northlander

• Tom Linderholm

• JustinG

That too bad Randy I was hoping we could share a beverage and see how the job was working out. I see that you might make the cheesehead get together but I will be at slab fest the same weekend. We should plan a looper trip as it won't be long now till we get to freeze our feet into blocks of ice and convince ourselves we are enjoying it grin.gif

Randy,

Your going to be missing out on some good eats. I'm bringing up two quarts of pickled Northern and a two quart jar of pickled eggs. That should hold us over for a little while. grin.gif

What is wrong with you people!?! You'd think there's nothing else in life except lakers.....er uhm yeah ok.... Man I'm going to miss this one and some familiar faces I'd really like to see. Here's a Two Hearted coming your way. Have fun folks! STF, no I'm not dead, I'm not hiding from the FBI, I got your message (and thank you for the offer), and someday when I have my life back for minute or two, we'll hook up. Now if you'll excuse me I'll get back to my 9 million irons in the fire.

I've only caught 2 small lakers through the ice this year on Big Trout in Crow Wing Co. This thing sounds like a hoot. Is this sleds and gear into Burntside? how far is this from Ely? I fish superior twice a year for lakers and could sub this trip for one of those. I just need a little more info. the how to's of the best way to do the trip. just sounds like to good a time to pass on.

Oh by the way STF, I think I just scored the matching 8 horse yami HD kicker for the queen.

Originally Posted By: fishgutz77
Is this sleds and gear into Burntside? how far is this from Ely?

Cakewalk fishgutz and welcome. HQ is a hop from ely. Read STF's final details post. It should have all the info you need.

Im pumped I just got a new (Polaris 94 XLT Special) sled. Well new to me. Ill be riding in style now and not having to beg barrow and barter to get a wheeler or sled. Now I only have to to get a trailer. LOL.

Originally Posted By: Northlander
Im pumped I just got a new (Polaris 94 XLT Special) sled. Well new to me. Ill be riding in style now and not having to beg barrow and barter to get a wheeler or sled. Now I only have to to get a trailer. LOL.

I should have room on mine Steve if you need.

Just make sure you ride the sled and dont let it ride you this year! Powerslides just don't work when your 7 feet tall. blush.gif

Originally Posted By: LoonASea
Well due to a blown head gasket ,,,I wont be making the bash this year (Im sure the wabbit wont miss my buisness) so Good Weather and Good Fishing to every one,,,Ill be sure to get there next year ,,,Have fun

Randoid

Randy, thats too bad. The wabbit might not miss you but the snow sculptures and Quickstrike will. There is always next year.

Originally Posted By: chaffmj
 Quote:
Bring them up! There will be plenty of room on our grill so dont worry bout the weber.

Do you need me to bring buns for turning these into sandwhiches or anything else?

I got the buns covered Chaffmj! Thanks for the offer.

Cheffrey no repeats of last year. I learned my lesson. Im lucky I landed on my face and the sled and Nils didnt run me over.

I think Ill have a trailer but with no reverse I may need a hand pulling it off. Shouldnt be too bad though.

Its supposed to be a fast sled. Seller says 100mph plus? Thats about 60 mph faster than I need. Heck its 75 more.

I'm thinking about coming up for the bash for the first time. Would be coming up late friday night. What's the cheapest motel in town? Any hostels for $10-$20 bucks within an hour of Ely?

Nope, no hostels man. No hostiles either. Unless you catch GO on a bad day \:\) Uhm best bet now is Super8 or Westgate (rhymes with Norman Bates whistle.gif ). I'm sure Paddle Inn is packed but give them a call. Maybe someone here has room for ya?

I know the Paddle has been booked since Dec. but there are always cancellations.

I've eaten at the Ely Steakhouse and the food is pretty good, but they are really proud of their menu and charge accordingly. Its too expensive for me thanks. SOme of the drink specials are okay, but on the weekend it won't help much.

tc,

Will do, I'll give you a call thursday after work and let you know what's up. As of right now, I am planning on heading back home on satruday after the socializing ends...but the nice temps on sunday are tempting me to stay til noon and fish.

The poles he hit are toast, at least the upright one is for sure, and maybe the corner one too. I can rig it to work until i can get replacements. Talk to ya thursday evening. chris

Steve,

Thanks for the offer, I'll drop you an email this morning on the poles that are toast...so did you get them to give you one for the $50????

Xplorer

Good to hear you were planning on coming back on Satuday night. Although very tempting to stay and play, I am missing a wedding that day that at the very least, I need to get to the reception that night. I didn't want to leave you in the cold on Saturday night.

Talk to you Thursday.

Northlander, If you don't find a trailer, let me know, I have one you can use for the weekend.

Northlander,

Congrats on the new to you sled. Its a great feeling to finally have your own, isn't it?! grin.gif

Loonasea, sorry about your car trouble. I was looking forward to meeting you. \:\(

I dug the Ely Steakhouse the one time I was there. I had a black & blue steak. My girl didn't care for it though. She got some soup she didn't like. I guess, as with everything, not everyone will be pleased. But yeah, about $25 buys a dinner and a drink.

Steve, I'll be heading up friday morning and I'll be pulling a 2 place trailer with only one sled, so I've got room if you need it. It also sounds like I'm driving up by myself if anyone wants to carpool.

Soooo - Fridays game plan - ? -

* at the landing by 8:00 am. head out together ( convoy \:D )

* bring your own lunch

* catch lots of big lakers

* back for dinner and a drink at the Wabbit.

is this what everyone is thinking?? \:\)

tcbrookston what type trailer do ya have? I can get a wheeler trailer but with no reverse I will have to pull the sled off. If you have a drive off or tilt Im interested. E-mail me please its on the bottom of my post.

Quote:
* at the landing by 8:00 am. head out together ( convoy )

* bring your own lunch

I'm coming from St. Paul and won't get to the lake till around noon Friday. I told stcatfish that I would help with any setup if needed at HQ, otherwise I'm headed out to fish. I was going to bring my smokey joe and grill a steak on the lake for dinner Friday. \:\) If anyone else is interested I could bring my larger weber just let me know. cool.gif\:\)

I will be leaving some time in the am of friday, and will fish that day, and later on at night for pout.

Quote:
* at the landing by 8:00 am. head out together ( convoy )

* bring your own lunch

Sounds about right to me Tami! We will have 2 way radios set to 7 during the weekend. We can also help with set up too. I'm sure my man will be chiming in here too when he gets home. He hasn't been sleeping too well-he's getting so pumped up-he says he can't turn his brain off! You should see him before walleye opener and deer hunting! Isn't that funny? He just cracks me up! \:D

Diddo on the set up. \:\) Let me know how I can help.

Lisa, will also have a radio set to 7.

chaffmj,

I would also like to grill a couple things on friday night, and if you have your grill I could just bring some extra charcoal instead of the whole deal. Does that sound OK with you? A few small steaks (I'll eat some of them cold on the ice saturday for lunch) and a couple foil packs with veggies and 'schrooms.

I'm staying on the lake/parking lot with tc brookston in his sleeper house. I'll hook up with you on friday.