• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Socks for Flocked Decoy Heads

Do you guys just put regular tube socks over your flocked decoy heads your do they make "socks" especially for these types of decoys. Just invested in some new decoys and it seems like it would be really easy to knick the flocking off if care is not taken. Thanks to all who reply!

~Lip

P.S. Hunted near Hutchinson this morning and saw 2 greenwing teal and that was it! Where are the Mallards?

I have tried regular tube socks, they protect good but leave behind little white fuzzies that are very small and tough to wipe off. I suppose black socks would be ideal, or I was thinking about try some nylons. Give it a shot, let me know what works.

Try regular socks inside out. It keeps the white fuzz to a minimum. We also use black socks. They seem to work good.

Good luck

Go to the clothing store and buy some black dress socks on clearance. That way if your in a hurry or oversleep or just running late for whatever reason, you can leave them on and they'll still look real... wink.gif