• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Deer Hunting is upon us.......

Heading up to my favorite place just north of Palisade, hopefully the whitetail deer will cooporate. To all, good luck be safe and have fun and share your stories I love to read em.

I'm heading to Mcgregor area for deer this year. It will be my first year with a rifle and I'm excited about it. I've shot many deer with bow and shotguns but just the fact it's something different has me pumped. Now if only I can find a big buck.

It should be another banner year for deer.

I'm so pumped for openers I just head butted my co worker and pissed all over his desk.

Now HR wants to see me,I wonder why? laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Oh no, not that again....I went to Fleet Farm, one of the doe urine bottles was leaking....I just started scraping the floor and my neck was getting real puffy. Going to Mcgregor and hopefully to the Finnish dinner down in Rice River Saturday nite.

Enjoy your hunters supper.

Good luck hunting!

Shoot straight or just shoot ....I don't know....

Can't sp..ea...k anyy....mmmmo..re....got.....

t..ooooo shoooo.....ttttttttttt.

Quote:

It should be another banner year for deer.

I'm so pumped for openers I just head butted my co worker and pissed all over his desk.

Now HR wants to see me,I wonder why?
laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

You are one sick individual CK.

Comes from licking metatarsil glands that I've just thawed from the freezer.

I'm figuring my breath needed some work so now I'm ready

for rutting around.

Grunt ,snort,wheeeeeeeze!

Ya finally got me pegged Solocam!

Brrr,brrr,brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Great, now when I hear the grunt and see the brush shaking I can't get too excited cause it could be CRAPPIEKIETH!! Good luck all. Be safe and shoot straight!

Ck, do not shoot you self! You make your self out to be quite a big buck. grin.gif

Good luck this weekend and post images when you guys get in from hunting.

Who knows what's gonna meander down the trail.

I've always been a meat eater ,but if a big buck strolls by I'll have to whack him.

Other then that a few does would suite me just fine.

I could get back out for some late season bill action.

CK - Still some bills around? Toying with the idea of a road trip from Duluth to Gun Lake for a morning shoot...IF there are a few ducks around.

PS - We've never met but good luck in the woods - I've sure enjoyed reading your reports and comments along the way. Like my dead Uncle Rudy used to say, when he was alive, "Shoot hard boys".

I was on Minnewawa last weekend and had divers scooting through.We shot some redheads and ringers.

I'd think with the water freezing up in Canada the big bills should be moving down.

I've not heard anything from Gun.

Minnewawa is inline with the Rice Lake Refuge.

The Kimberley Bog has had some good action and that lil Newstrom too.

Got all my ducks in a row this afternoon and evening. I was not sure if I was going to deer hunt until this morning! Went out this after noon and checked stands and added one portable. Seen good sings of deer movement, but did not see any deer. Talked to the farmer east of the land and he said he has not noticed any good sized bucks. Go figure! He did take down his corn field today, which forces deer to cover in the woods and swap I hunt. This is a plus! I put a portable stand out in the swap area next to a creek. This will be the first year I have hunted in the swap area. I am hoping this will increase my chances.

Headed back home and started gathering all my hunting gear and changing barrel on my Rem. auto to my slug barrel. Mounted scope. Headed up and got license and B.S.ed with Hardware store guy. Came home and sited gun. Gathering the last of my stuff and loaded truck up. Watching weather right now and seems like it will be in the 50's Sat. and possibly 60's Sun... Getting ready for bed and going to be in stand a half hour before shooting starts.

I love and Nothing like deer opener!

Hopefully we get a buck and fill other tag right away in morning. I could only wish!

Good luck!

seen a lot of does in the hay feilds around 4pm. I was hunting only large bucks this weekend. let the 6 pointers go, they will be 8 or 10 pointers next year.

Saw more signs then deer...the only buck I saw was being chased by 2 dogs...Got a shot at the buck and missed. Got a shot at the dogs and missed too....but one of the didn't like gun shot noise...hopefully the DNR will find them. 2 cocoa colored lab mixes, they had collars but no tags and one of the neighbors says he has seen them running around for a week or more now.

I never saw a deer.

I did see a hunter driving through the woods with his atv and he had a gun over his shoulder uncased.

I pulled my camera out and told him he was on video.

Hopefully he'll remember that.

He did case up and drove off.Still after hours ,but I had to get rid of him.

It shot my evening hunt.

I didn't see a single deer while hunting this weekend either. I almost hit 3 different deer with the car on Friday night though. First time in at least 5 years that I didn't at least see a bunch of deer on opening weekend. The swamp I usually hunt was wetter than ever, so I'm sure that didn't help. I also heard a bunch of wolves awfully close, also not the best thing if you're trying to fill a tag. Next weekend I'll have to head for higher ground.

Hey guys.

Do any of you hunt or ever hunted the Wealthwood SF? I am going to be up in the area in the next couple weeks and wondering if it is hunted HEAVY with blaze everywhere or if it is not too bad. I would be by myself and maybe sneak in there somewhere for a half day and see how it goes..?? If it is a war zone shocked.gif I might pass. Thanks for any info.

Deer hunting for my family means watching for poachers, and this year is no different. I would like to congradulate the person or persons that shot the deer in the middle of the road friday night or early saturaday morning in the headlights of the pickup, you are quite a sportsman!! and a heck of a hunter. I hope you told your wife or children how you sat in the stand all day and waited for the deer to come in, when really u shot it illegally and most likely sat at the bar the rest of the weekend.

To all other "road" hunters the DNR has been contacted and next time it could be a deer, or it could be a ticket waiting to happen?!!!!

panfishhunter, It's too bad it is this way, I have had similar problems with Poachers, but I now make sure everyone around knows that I have, and will call them in, and that I have Unlimited Poacher Tags to fill again this year!!! wink.gif

When one person takes legal action, it encourages others who were afraid, to do the same... shocked.gif

Of course there's always at least one Buffoon willing to... Make My Day... crazy.gif

Quote:

Hey guys.

Do any of you hunt or ever hunted the Wealthwood SF? I am going to be up in the area in the next couple weeks and wondering if it is hunted HEAVY with blaze everywhere or if it is not too bad. I would be by myself and maybe sneak in there somewhere for a half day and see how it goes..?? If it is a war zone
shocked.gif
I might pass. Thanks for any info.

Anyone?? Must be silent in them woods then!! smile.gif

Thanks for any information..

Russ

For those still interested...

Had good luck hunting just north of McGregor. Saw deer everytime but once going out including bucks. During daytime scouting walks was also seeing deer. Ended up taking a 11ptr that's nothing special for size.

Nothing the 2nd weekend...1 shot for 6 hunters...the amazing thing, my food plot is dark brown from all the droppings, but no deer to be seen.