• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

atv hours

mille lacs muskie bum

Did the dnr take off the atv ban during the firearms season? I cant find it in the regs. confused.gif

page 26. half hour before sunrise, 11am-2pm, half hr after sunset...the legal hrs of atv operation. landowners or persons authorized by landowners may operate atvs at any time

So if someone rides their atv to their stand, how many of them are going to wait until 11 AM to ride out?

Quote:

So if someone rides their atv to their stand, how many of them are going to wait until 11 AM to ride out?

The ones who respect the law and the other hunters around them.

I either wait for the legal hours, if I shoot a deer, or I walk out and come back. Nothing worse than someone driving around an atv opening morning. Besides the law it's a common courtesy thing.

Last year we shot a deer within the first 1/2 hour of our hunt. We gutted it out, placed a stick to spread the ribs, and waited until noon to bring it out on our ATV. At two miles it would be a long way to drag it. It's only right.

Bob

Its nice to hear that there are a few who obey the operation hours. I swear up by us most of the atv owners think the law is for somebody else.

about 5 years ago my brother was fined for this he started the atv 5 min. early to let it warm up didnt even have it off the trailer i think at that time it was 78.00.

Man, I wish the guy that hunted next to us was that considerate. He's on public land.

Reality is I think he helps stir things up when going back and forth, but one trail is right past my favorite spot. I'll try and save that one for Monday. Pretty sure he has to work.

Craig

Try to walk up to these people running ATV's with your digital camera/camera phones if you have one and snap a pic of them with the ATV Registration tag on the back of the ATV preferablly with a date and time stamp. Might be a good deterant?? Who knows???

there are some people who just don't know the rules, why...and then theres those who just don't care.

Remember that some of those "violators" actually have permits to operate outside of legal hours. A lot of deer hunters have disabilites that allow them to use their wheelers at any hour.

Quote:

Remember that some of those "violators" actually have permits to operate outside of legal hours. A lot of deer hunters have disabilites that allow them to use their wheelers at any hour.

Really? I guess I've never heard of that one. My disabled friend has a permit to shoot from his vehicle, but cannot run his atv at all hours. Separate permits I suppose?