• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

packers/broncos

james_walleye

Anyone see that run by Selvyn Young down too the 5 yardline that called back by a holding call? You guys see the replays? Where was the holding?? You ever see such a phantom call?? Another team that basically got points taken off the board against the pack by the refs, imagine that.

All that matters is the Packer's won and you can add 1 more highlight reel to the many he already has. The man starts the game with a 79yrd td pass to Jones then ends the game with an 82 yrd td Jennings, how sweet is that....

Exactly. Who's better than Brett Favre? (rhetorical question). That was just amazing last night seeing the "old guy" pumping 70+ yd TD passes like he was just out of college. Sure makes it fun to watch.

Quote:

Exactly. Who's better than Brett Favre? (rhetorical question). That was just amazing last night seeing the "old guy" pumping 70+ yd TD passes like he was just out of college. Sure makes it fun to watch.

I would take Tom Brady any day. Maybe even Peyton Manning. If you match Favre in his hay day to these too, they would win I think. Favre is a great QB, but I get so sick of the comentators stroking him it makes me wanna puke.

I was going to say Brady and Manning also. Favre had been playing excellent ball this year without a running game and a few rookie wideouts, not much more the guy can do. Can you imagine if Favre had a line like Brady with all the protection then all the weapons he has around him, now that would be something.

Oh, no question I'd rather have Brady, Manning, or even Romo on my team before Favre, but that's why I said "rhetorical question". Who's better to watch light it up for a big play than Favre...he has his moments where it's just something great to watch. The three previously mentioned are methodical in their approach but Favre has to make it happen himself with the lack of talent that surrounds him. Sometimes that means going off the script to get it done and nobody does, or has done, it better than Favre.

I just think there are very few like him in the NFL (all positions) that play the game the way he does, and you could probably count them on one hand, but Manning and Brady aren't included on that list regardless of their stats, IMO.

He is a very fun QB to watch everyweek. What I want to know is where are all the Favre haters from the past years on here, they have been quite all year long I wonder why?

Quote:

Can you imagine if Favre had a line like Brady with all the protection then all the weapons he has around him, now that would be something.

You mean like Brady has had his entire career until this year no recievers and average running backs at best.

You do have to give Favre credit his last few years have been terrible almost embarrassing really just about everyone thought he should retire.

Fun to watch for sure inspite of the tool packer fans. shocked.gif

Ok, I will bite grin.gif. You guys have been listening to the comentaters for to long, you are begging to sound just like them! I would rather watch the vikings loose, then have to watch the packers win because the refs need to help them win grin.gif After 30+ years of playing in the nfl, I too would hold alot of records grin.gif.

How was that, was that good enough for ya? grin.gif

"After 30+ years of playing in the nfl, I too would hold alot of records"

But, would you have a wife as smokin' as Deanne??? We need her in the booth more often.

stainedglass12ny8.th.jpg

Do yourself a favor and click on the picture. Then you can truly appreciate it. grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

Anyone see that run by Selvyn Young down too the 5 yardline that called back by a holding call? You guys see the replays? Where was the holding?? You ever see such a phantom call?? Another team that basically got points taken off the board against the pack by the refs, imagine that.

I'm sure that call was a lot different than the questionable ones that went against the Pack to keep some Bronco drives alive. Pack had 13 penalties for 103 yards vs the Broncos who had 9 for 63 yards. I guess I'm missing our gripe.

While I like Tony Romo, I think it's a bit premature to mention him with those other QBs. He's had roughly 1 year where he's been the starter. At times he's been fantastic and others pretty terribe (5 pic game a few weeks ago).

As for Favre, he's still got talent and a lot of enthusiasm for the game which makes him fun to watch. He's had one bad year in his career (2005), where the team finished with a losing record. Other than that He's led the team to a 500 or better season, which is pretty impressive given todays NFL and the volatilty of rosters.

Anyone who says they wouldn't want a QB who brings that type of success to their team for that long, is lying through their teeth.

Quote:

At times he's been fantastic and others pretty terribe (5 pic game a few weeks ago).

Sound like anyone you know? grin.gif

Farve is an outstanding QB and had a great game last night. One call doesn't ever change a game completely but it may only change the part of the game after it. Did the ref blow the call? IMO, yes. Should that be an excuse for Denver to lose? No, they still got inside the 10 anyways and failed to get it in the endzone. All that said, GB has been the beneficiary of two questionable calls at key times that are at least partially responsible for two wins. I didn't see the early part of the game but the two key penalties I saw on GB in the late Denver drive (Bigby and Woodson) were legit.

I still think its hilarious that Farve demanded a trade after TT didn't deal for Moss. Fast young receivers can make any old fart look good. Remember Cunningham?

Quote:

Pack had 13 penalties for 103 yards vs the Broncos who had 9 for 63 yards. I guess I'm missing our gripe.

2 / 20 yards came in the last 30 seconds of the first half. I looked at the wife and said, "they are just making these calls now to even the box score later.

Here we go........

You guys whining about bad calls and Favre not being any good sure sound like the bears fans down here. I really thought you guys were better than that! LOL Can't you just give credit where credit is due?? We'll see where Brady and Manning end up at the end of their careers. Heck, Aikman made the hall of fame with basically a pro bowl team aroung him every year and stats that aren't in the same league with any of the others mentioned.

Be honest, give him his due.

Freddie,

Where did anyone say Farve wasn't any good? I believe a few said Manning and Brady were better but that is hardly a insult.

We are whining for saying what the announcers pointed out also. The same guys announcing the game who fall all over themselves to compliment Farve said it was a questionable call. If that was a hold, they should be calling a hold on almost every play in a game. I am not saying the guy didn't hold but the refs probably let 20 other plays with blocks like that go earlier in the night.

perhaps the refs are friends of tim donnaghey(sp.) confused.gif

seems like some have never seen a bad call before. and it was a bad call, but they happen all the time. if that score holds up that also gives favre more time to go down and score. you never know

Questionable calls like Atari Bigby hitting a reciever out of bounds? Or Atari Bigby mugging a reciever? A horrible phantom holding call, no way you can dispute it, basically too points off the board for the broncos. Simple as that. Just simply saying its alot easier for a team too win on the road when the home team gets points taken away. Am i saying it cost the broncos the game? He!! no, they should have put the game too rest at the end of regulation. Its just rediculous too see a call like that. It just makes a person wonder what the ref is seeing too throw that flag. I guarantee the ref who threw that flag and the ref who blew the fumble dead against the vikings both got their rear ends handed too them.