• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WAKING UP!!!

Bassboy1645

Okay ever since I started this wonderful stressful thing called college and life on your own I just cannot wake up! Every morning my traditon is wake up for a mornign bowhunt and half the time I sit up but everytime the alarms get shut off and I pass back out. Ive got three am bowhunts so far. This week will be better but whats the best way to get awake fast and actaully get motivated to leave the warm bed and comfort knowing ill be lucky to see a deer?! This has been goign on for 2 yrs now. I hunt big woods so its not like im seeing enough deer or big bucks to get me up and I sleep easy in stands. I dont have any problems waking for school or duck hunting!

Find a deer calendar, and put in on the wall next you your alarm clock so you look at it when you shut your clock off. That'll get you going!

The rut is almost on!

If that can't get you up, nothing can!

I like the phrase someone else had on here, "You can sleep when your dead. Now its time to hunt!"

put the alarm clock across the room so you have to get up and turn it off....then don't fall back into bed!!! grin.gif

what ozzie said. I too am in college and occasionally have a similar problem, mine is that i hit the snooze button and end up getting out to the big woods about ten minutes later than i wanted to. I sometimes also get my self really pscyed the night before, thinking, i have an awsome spot to sit and there is no reason i should be sleeping in.

Try not going to the beer bust or the fraternity party the night before grin.gif

Sounds like your rut is going on right now, more so than the deer!

LOL, I had to take the crack at this thread! grin.gif

Shack bash lol, Naw I dont drink too much but the oddest part was I drank the nights before I was going and went! but yup time to move the alarm clock across the room and maybe flip the light switch on when I walk over there. Oh yeah and maybe ill try the cold water trick! blush.giffrown.gif but i dont like caffinee cuz i always gotta pee too much crazy.gif

Boys, just something to consider. Right now you have 4-6 years where you can party, chase, and generally screw around. You will probably have the next 30-40 for hunting. Do the math. Hunt when you can, but enjoy every minute of college, it will be over before you know it. I still hunted as much as possible, but enjoyed myself thoroughly at college. Die hard hunters might think differently, but now I hunt plenty and wish that sometimes I could go out to a college party and get a little nuts again. Enjoy college, it doesn't last long. grin.gif

try the old native american trick, before you go to bed, drink 1-2 quarts of water, then in the morning you will be ready to get up because your bladder is full. I do that all the time when I need to get up early in the morning. Also, once you are married and have kids, you will discover that you will be out the door before that alarm goes off, just make sure you turn the alarm off or the bride will git ya

set the clock an hour earlier and you can hit the snooze button a few times and still get up on time.

grow a pair of balls and just get up lol

what i do is have everything ready the night before so i don't have to do anything when i'm tired and lazy...just make sure when the alarm goes off to shut it off and get directly up...don't roll back over for a few minutes...them few minutes turn into an hour quick!

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.