• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

fall bite

Steve-O

Great bite yesterday. Mine were all from shore and the saugers were pretty hefty, but the eyes were small.

we had walleye, sauger and some real big white bass. hope this keeps up. back out manyana

Turk: I was out all last week and the water was pretty high. Has it gone down yet? When I was on the river I had a hard time getting the anchors to hold in the fast/high water? Also, I am just starting to fish the Croix after about 30 years. Where can a guy fish from shore? I live in Fridley and I have always driven up to Mille Lacs and thereabout but someone suggested I fish the Croix because it is closer and has lots of fish.

Be that as may be "SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED" has decreed the boat be put away for the winter and I need a good place I can shore fish! Any ideas would be appreciated. I have been fishing from St. Croix Falls to Hudson. Never have fished South of there from shore? Thanks!

UncleKes, as of yesterday afternoon the water was down a good foot around Stillwater from last weeks high. I would guess that it is down even further today.

I see folks catching fish off shore in downtown Stillwater quite a bit. Also above Stillwater, at the scenic overlook, there is pretty good shore access and the depths seem about right with a nice drop off.

Fished yesterday morning, 8am-1pm and found an incredible bite south of Hudson in 17-21ft. Caught mostly sauger and a few nice sized eyes. Most were caught on a 3 way rig with minnow. Boated a nice 21" sauger on a 3 way with a size 4 shad rap in tow. The white bass were active too, making for a full day of catching. My hands are pretty raw form unhooking all the fish.

LB

Blueroof: Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. After I posted the message, I thought to myself "why not just drive over there and spend a few hours driving around and see where they are fishing from shore, dummy?"