• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

10-24-07 report

Tough day on the Rainy for me, started out by the gap where the wind was supposed to be out of the south, well it was NW and blowing good, loaded up and went to Clementson, yes the flow is strong, water muddy and full of debris, challanging caught a couple, but hopefully things will calm down and can get a quality trip in before ice time., but what a nice sunny day on the water!

one more thing to add, could not believe the number of boats fishing on the canadian side, now I know they may all have ontario licenses, rabc's no live bait or could be canadians but i doubt it, they take people down in the spring hard! so beware!

It's really a challenge getting a reliable wind report up here. If they get the direction right, the speed is way off.

In defense of the weather dudes though, have actually seen the wind do a complete 360 in a days fishing on the lake. The lake effect is very real.

There appears to be a weather "seam", somewhere between Vidas Landing & Frontier Landing on the river. Wind will be blowing up at Clementson and down at Frontier. Any body else see that?

• 3 weeks later...

Dutchmen just wanted to say hi fishing down here on the croix has been awesome. Had a group of friends with you here last week. they said the water levels were high but they caught fish and had a great time as always.

We also talked when I stoped in up there a couple weeks a go about the island. Well I was talking to muskie partner about it and your experiece with the muskies right off your dock and it peeked his intrest. So if you could e-mail me some info on the island, when you get a chance and you guy get everything worked out, we are looking for somthing between early Aug. and early sept. At least 4 nights if not a full week. My e-mail is [email protected]

Hope you and the dutches are to doing well and if some reason we cant make arangements for the island we are already geared up for or trip to the river next Oct. and very happy to be staying with you this up coming year.

GOOD FISHING cool.gif