• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

butcher shop - venison - south metro

Coach

I am looking for a butcher shop for my deer in the south metro. I would like it to be within 25 miles of Eagan. Has anyone have any suggestions from the past seasons? Thanks for the help.

shouldnt be that far of a drive for you, bu Stasny's in St. Paul does an amazing job at butchering deer. Used to bring all of our deer there before i learned how to do it and got equipment.

He's not open yet, but Duff's Meats in Hastings will do it. I live right next to his brother in law. They have some of the best deer sticks I have ever had. Awesome guy to bring your deer to.

He's moving into a new building, so I am not sure he'll be ready, but I sure hope he is... I'll drive by there today to see how its coming and report back.

Steve

I saw that on the sign....Did he buy out the Block or what happened. Whatever the case may be glad to see it, Duffs always had the best meat.

Much depends if you need specialty cuts, sauasages, sticks, etc., but I'd strongly recommend Greg's Meats just south of Hampton, MN, north of Cannon Falls. It's probably right at about 25 miles, but they're right off of Hwy 52, which is a fast, straight-shot.

They're prices are much more reasonable than alot of the metro shops, and their sausage recipes are typically national champs each year. They'll work with you on making all-venison summer sausage if you talk to the owner, and run a clean-shop.

If you call them up, they'll probably be able to fax or snail-mail you a copy of their 2007 Deer Processing price sheet.

Well-worth the drive. We've got quite a few local places to choose from, and Greg's gets our business every year.

Joel

Quote:

I saw that on the sign....Did he buy out the Block or what happened. Whatever the case may be glad to see it, Duffs always had the best meat.

Yep...

Looking forward to seeing Duffs back up and running. He had a huge following when he was still open on the south edge of town.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it...

steve

I also highly recommend Greg's Meats. If you do a search online for "greg's meats" he comes up near the top(at least for me). Great service, freindly, competitive pricing. Numerous award winning recipes.

He has been in business for over 25 years. It is family owned and just about completely family run. Almost everyone that works there is related. Just recently, He has added onto the shop, more freezer and storage, so he can handle a lot.

Greg is open M-F 8-5:30, Sat 8-3, and closed on Sundays.

( Note from Admin,please read forum policy before posting again, Thank-You )