• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Wobbler

Change in Baiting Law

Wobbler

Have any of you seen the change in baiting for deer? I read the article in the paper and checked the regulations and if you own the land you can use bait? I am not here to argue if that is right or wrong I am just curious. I know in years past even the landowner could not do that but the way I interpret the law (not a lawyer) it seems to me you could hunt over bait if you hunt on land you own Page 72 in the hunting regulations "The restriction does not apply to a person hunting on their own property, when the person has not participated in, been involved with, or agreed to feeding wildlife on adjacent land owned by another person."

Deitz Dittrich

Wobb- I think you are reading the reg wrong in my opinion.. .I think this law was for people who had small plots of land.. and the nexd door neighbor had a feeder.. In years before you could not hunt within so far of a feeder... But with the new law... You can still hunt your land, as long as you have nothing to do with putting out the bait/food.

I hope someone corrects me if I am wrong.

Wobbler

Thanks for your opinion. I don't own land so it does not affect me but the way the law is written it could easily be misunderstood! Not knowing what you told me in your above post which makes sense to me, if I was to play devil's advocate I could say as long as I don't advocate feeding or baiting next to my land I could hunt and use bait on my land.

woody1975

Deitz is absolutely correct.

The rule clearly states that you can hunt your own land even if the neighbor has baited the area adjacent to your land. This rule was developed to prevent previuos hunter harassment where the adjacent land owner would bait deer to prevent his neighbor from hunting near it (even if they were on there own land)

People - You can not bait deer - period.

DL

LABS4ME

DD's got it right. The law is intended to not penalize someone hunting on their own land if the neighbor is baiting or feeding deer.

The past regulation would still allow a CO to ticket you if you hunted on trails leading to bait whether the bait was on your property or not. SOme guys only had a small chunk of land and that law would make hunting it impossible. Now, as long as you don't have anything to do with the feeding of the deer and it does not take place on your property, you are safe to hunt it. The only thing I would still avoid is hunting within site of the feeding station... even if the station is on the neighbors piece and you are hunting yours. I think they may still be able to tag you then. I amy be wrong, but I'd avoid that situation.

Good Luck!

Ken