• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

st croix river report

walleyes101

Enjoyed a day with a good friend and my son on the river yesterday. The weather was spotty with temps in the mid 50s. Water temps were about the same, around 58. Started off at the rail bridge and had a spectatular day. Short of a muskie and a northern, i beleive we managed to catch everything the Croix has to offer. Smallies, walleyes, sauger, cats, perch, crappies, white bass, sunnies, and a few drum. The bite was awesome on the crappie. Walleyes were spotty and seemed to be in unlikely spots. Going to head out again on Saturday to see if we can duplicate the day.

Thanks for the report and good luck on Saturday. Are you refering to the rail bridge by Hudson or Prescott?

Hudson rail bridge. I hear that the eyes are starting down in Prescott, anyone hear any different? Will be at the rail bridge tomorrow morn. good luck and good fishing

If you see a old blue boat with a funky trolling moter set up say hi, I hope to be out there early. Good luck fishing!

great, I will give you a shout if I see ya, Im in a red lund fisherman with a 115 merc. Let me know how you did, good luck

I will be fishing the Croix startng next Friday (October 19th) and wondered about the area around the rail bridge. Where can one launch a boat. I have a small 14 foot Alumacraft. Is there a launch on the Wisconsin side or the Minnesota side? Are they hitting one jigs and minnows? Where is a good bait shop in the area?

I finally caught a fall walleye on the croix! grin.gif Usually I fish for walleyes in the spring and crappies in the fall. My mission today way to figure out where they are and sure enough 10-16 feet, the sandier the better, mixed in with the smallies, and definitely fat heads where not to there liking. Of course I forgot the crawlers at home.

So all in all Several crappies, couple of smallies, 1 walleye (what can I say, I'm still trying to figure out this river stuff), bunch of bluegills, and the regular landing of the undesirable stuff.

unfortunately the boat gets put away next weekend. I know, I know, theres plenty more fishing before the hard water sets in but the wife keeps nagging something about frosted windows, boat in her spot in the garage why can't my truck be outside yada yada yada. grin.gif

Well it was a great run down on the Croix, went out Sat, Sun, and again last night. Saturday being the best of all three days. Gold and orange jigs where working best, and some pink hooks too. Wallies everyday with your usual sheep head every other. I did mostly drifting and some anchoring. Found most of them in 22+ but only one in 28+ I has been a blast almost 20hrs on the water in 4 days but I think its time to put the boat away because the sleds came home last weekend, when is the hard water gona be here. Good luck on the water!

The gods are shining down on this boy. The Wife ends up getting sick postponing our trip up north to put the boat in storage. Looks like a couple more weekends on the water for this guy!!! grin.gif

I have a black/grey alumacraft, with a 40hp merc. I didn't know for sure if it was you since I had only seen you a couple years ago at the phalen ice fishing get together a few years back. I should have asked, but didn't feel like making myself an arse of myself. I didn't know what type of boat you had either. Looked like you found a few fish for dinner. Next time.

The wife is always nagging about fishing all the time and never bringing home anything to eat. Don't have the heart to tell here that I really suck at fishing but am a genius when it comes to a little relaxation. Well that and I hate cleaning them. Figured that the fishin was pretty good that weekend might as well make everybody happy.