• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

minnetonka

Good call Minnetonka...my bad man. I had read it on the WI lake-link page, cause I'm from there and am a student at the U and only fish when I can manage some time.

Sorry man...Fishin Spooge

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• moby1

• EBass

• Tim L

• Tonka Boy

Top Posters In This Topic

WAS OUT ON GOOSE MON WENT HOME WITH MY LIMIT THREE OVER 10". IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU TO MINNETONKA TONIGHT I MIGHT HEAD OUT BOUT 4:00 I TOLD MY GRANDPA I WOULD PUT HIM ON SOME FISH SO HOPEFULLY THEIR BITING TONIGHT
ITS STILL A WHILE INBETWEEN ANY FISH OF GOOD SIZE AND THE BITE IS SO LIGHT YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS DOWN THERE. TIME FOR LUNCH.
SEE YOU ON THE ICE...

I WENT OUT LAST NIGHT CAME HOME WITH 15 NOTHING DECENT SIZE ALOT SLOWER BITE THAN MON MIGHT GET OUT TONIGHT AT 7 OR SO WILL MAKE IT OUT TOMMOROW NIGHT ILL BE AROUND GOOSE...
SEE YA ON THE ICE...

I'll be out there tomorrow around 4ish. moby1 is it a go on your end? give me a ring it's gonna be to nice not to be out fishin.

[This message has been edited by Tim L (edited 03-13-2003).]

To one and all. Things are looking good. At 3:30 tomorrow the truck will be heading to tonka with the house in the back. Sorry I didn't call tim but I just got the green flag and it's after 10. Sounds like a few?? Addict, northernsrus, tim, tonka boy, ebass, minnetonka and myself????? Sounds good to me. If ya come out ebass, try and remember the light. Thanks
See ya on the ice!!!!!!!!!! Almost positive I have the green flag for saturday afternoon if anyone wants to join me on sarah. Been a good day bite for me last 3 or 4 times out there but they move out at 6pm. Those of you without wives could head from there to tonka for the evening bite. For me thats just a dream :+)

check that, I'll be out tomorrow not tonight in the goose island / Phelps bay area if anyone makes it out (5-10ish)... blue tahoe / fish trap guide

Ebass...You have any luck on Wed Night? When are you planning on going out again? It sounds like 55-60 on Friday now!!! Wow...That should warp fish into a feeding mood. Let's hope it sticks. I will need to get my license, so I don't end up like last time. How about fishing Thursday night?
Ryan H...You need to get out there too!
Get you license and let's go!

[This message has been edited by ldwsmith (edited 03-13-2003).]

I am planining on being on the ice by 5 PM today. It's been my experiance that the crappies do not turn on until closer to 7 PM. I be hitting Phelps bay and accessing the ice by the boat launch by the Red Bridge (also known as Zimmerman pass)I understand Tim and Moby will be there. Have a good day and I'll see you out there.

------------------
"I'd rather be fishing"

Mike

Minnetonka
What road do I take to get to that acess? Is it just as easy to acesss by the sherriffs launch and drive around the lake?
See ya all on the ice!!!!!!!!

Moby1 talked to Minnetonka yesterday everything is set. I'll call you at work let you know whats happening. gonna kill the crappies tonite. don't need to be sorry 10o'clock sound asleep dreamin about them tonka crappies/ Later Tim

LDWSmith, Rob and I got into some Crappies right away, about 7ish then the bite slowed. Tonka Boy hooked me up on another spot. Not the Goose spot. Yep, I can't wait for the weekend. Rain or shine. It's going to feel like summer if it get's into the upper 50's.

Moby 1, I don't think I'm going out tonight, but probably on Friday night, and all day Sat/Sat night. Now that I know some areas on Tonka that's where I'll be. Moby think about Tonka on Sat or Sat night.

Later,
EBass

Hey there guys,

Will be heading out there on Sat. where will you guys be set up? We are going to start around the landing in SP Bay then move around the lake after that.

Minnetonka,
Will you be out Sat Eve.? on Phelps. Looking for a spot to hit that night
haven't been out in awhile. I have to go to a School Carnival on Sat afternoon in E.P. but got the green light to get out after that
so if your getting out in the evening would love to hook up with you guys. From the sounds of it looks like the bite hasn't been turning on till later in the eve.

Later,
Chris

P.S. I will be driving a Teal Green F250 standard Cab & Using a Clam Jr. stop by and say "Hi" if you see me.

Minnetonka,
A buddy and I were planning on heading there this evening after work. I'll be in red cherokee with a purple auger. My buddy lives on Phelps island just off of Alexandar. We actually fish between goose and spray alot. It's funny that we haven't run into to you yet. See ya out there.

Ebass
Got a spot for good day bite on Sat? It would be hard to beat day bite i have found on sarah recently. No monsters but haven't had much problem getting 9 inchers. My wife has a belly dance recital near sarah on sat but I'm open to suggestions. My weekends are pretty much limited to day fishing unless the wife goes out dancing which is one every 1 or 2 months.
Tonka boy are u still kicking?? Are you giong to make it tonight.

Fishnaddict,

Guessing half pound maybe a little bigger. Full of eggs I'm sure. Nice eater if I was into eating them. I just hate cleaning them. Rainbow's on the other hand .. smile.gif

Probably going out tonight, but not by Goose. However, last Thursday when we all met out by Goose Tonka Boy caught a slab when I was leaving. So they are out there, just finicky.

GOING OUT TONIGHT ROUND 430 IF ANYONE IS HEADED OUT STOP IN AT GOOSE HOPEFULLY THEIR BITING THIS TIME. YOU CAN ALWAYS SEE THEM ON THE VEXILAR ITS MAKIN M BITE THATS THE PROB.
SEE YOU ON THE ICE...

Moby uno,
Got some 12 inchers on tonka. So I'd rather go to Tonka just for the size. Not that I keep any, but I just like catching better than average size for whatever spieces. But I haven't fished during the day, so I don't know how it is. However I'm going to try on Sat even if it rains. What about Friday night for Tonka? Goose??

Tonka Boy went to URL then to LOTW.

hey EBass, have you ever weighed the fish from Tonka?? Just wondering what a 12-13" would typically weigh.. I'm still in search of that 2 pounder. Biggest to date is last weekend on red - 14". Didn't weight that one, but guestimating it under 1.5lb.

What is the biggest crappie you all have seen from Tonka just out of curiosity?

------------------
- Addict
-------------------------
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
- Henry David Thoreau

HI HOWS IT GOING? I just found this site and it looks like there might be some other icefishing fanatics out there.I live in Plymouth near wayzata bay,and i:m always looking for someone to fish with.I DON,T KNOW MUCH ABOUT TONKA BUT WOULD LOVE TO LEARN.I DON'T HAVE THE NET AT HOME BUT FEEL FREE TO CALL ME AT HOME (763-258-0564}ANDLEAVE A MESSAGE .I am going to graysbay fri,morning maybe see you there, Tazman

Addict,

I have been fishing the lake for 18yrs & I'm now 34 years old so still a young pup as far as the lake is concerned. The biggest crappies I have caught were 16" a few years back. So there are some slabs in there & I think that Tonka is one of the finer fisheries in the metro area you just need to put in your hours on the water to learn all the different patterns ea. species goes through during the four seasons.

F.Y.I. over the years I have found the best action for Tonka Crappies bar-none is getting out there after Ice-Out all the way up till they spawn.

See ya on the water.

Chris

Moby-1 and Tim L: Good to hook up with you guys last night on Phelps bay. Sorry the fish were so tight liped last night. When I pulled the plug last night about 9:15, I had iced about 12 crappies and kept 7. the biggest was 10 inches, most were about 9 with a couple of small ones that sucked in the jig and were bleeding. Better luck next time.

PS: Moby; thanks for the minnows and Tim L; thanks for the mantel for my lantern.

------------------
"I'd rather be fishing"

Mike

Minnetonka and fishnAddict nice to meet you guys had a good time. fished a new spot caught some fish can't ask for much more. Moby sure right after you left i notice this brand new 2-way radio sittin in my house yours? now you can tell wife you gotta go fishin saturday need to get your radio back. Later Tim

Good to meet you guys... Thanks for showing me something new on the lake... I'd never fished that area before, so it is nice to learn new areas... Minnetonka - never formally introduced myself, but we met out there last night briefly.. I ended up with 8 in the bucket - some in the 9-10" range. Probably about 1 in 3 were keeper size... a couple hooked deeply in the 8" range.. I fished until 11, but didn't do much good after 8 (only a few fish after 8). By far the best was 6:30-8:00 for me anyway... I was still marking them when I left, but they weren't feeding like they were earlier... Moby/Tim - are you guys hitting Sarah this weekend? I may try to get out Saturday, but with company in town I doubt I'll be able to.. Otherwise next week I'll be back out on Tonka (hopefully still driving out)...

Hey guys,
Where were you guys fishing last night? My buddies and I were out there in 26' between the two groups, fishing on the ice. We did want to set up to close to anyone, didn't want to ruin anyones fishing. I didn't see to many people outside there houses so I didn't going around searching for anybody. Between the three of us we came home with 22 fish, mostly 9"s, some 10"s and some 8 that just wouldn't go back down the holes. But as for the biggest crappie I've seen out of tonka was my buddies 18" 2lbs something, two years ago at the crappie contest of 2001.

Good luck

was fun last night. Kept 2 for Tim. I remembered my 2 way when I was on the landing but not enough time to turn around. Good meeting addict and minnetonka finally.
I saw ya out there Mr Special. I didn't see your post before I left work and didn't know if you were from fm. I had the red dakota. Was probably 50 yards or so away to the south I think. Good to see you caught fish.
Did anyone talk to northerns rus at all?? wondering how he did by goose.
Yes hopefully we will be hitting Sarah on Sat. Anyone can join that wants to. If anyone hasn't looked at that post, I've been having a pretty darn decent day-bite recently. I have had far better luck there during the day than I have had on any other lake this year.
For those of you I havent met, name is Brent

Moby 1,

If I do make it out this weekend it probaly won't be in the after noon. Might try Seaton, last year we did very good at the end. Anyone is welcome to join.

Good luck

Report: Last night on Tonka.

Crappies were going strong from 6:30 - 7:30pm. Couldn't fish two rods for a while. Marcum LX3 was getting a serious workout! I would guess I caught 25-30 fish from 6:30-11:30pm. Most were 9-10" I may have caught 2 close to 11", but that may be stretching a bit. The fish were hyper though. It was tough to lip most of them, they wouldn't sit still, even for a second. I guess they are starting to get charged up for spawn. The fish acted like they were on Crack!

From 10:30-11:30pm the bite picked up again. I had 2-3 double headers, during this time, trying to manage two lines. Had a blast out there.

Going out again tonight with Ebass and another friend of ours. Hope the action is still strong.

I am still in the hunt for some large fish though. For now, I am happy catching 20+ fish, regardless of size.