• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing Saturday Night

Dhenry

Hit the lake for the first trip of the fall last night. Got on the water at about 7:00 and expected to see whitecaps with the wind that was predicted and was greeted by warm temperatures and smaller waves than I thought. We started dropping lines back and before my friend got his line all the way back we had a nice 26" walleye on. The bite was ok for the next couple of hours and then it got pretty slow. We ended up at 1:00 am with 12 fish with the biggest being the 26"er and a couple of others over 25". Most were in the 18"-22" range. All fish were caught on hj #12's. The night was a little frustrating is the weeds need a few more weeks before they quit being a hassle. The water temperature hovered right around 60 degrees the entire night. I think we are still a couple of weeks away from the schools of big fish coming in. A positive last night is that there was very little boat traffic. It was great to "break the ice" and get the new boat in the trolling mode. It's going to be a fun fall.

D, Great report!

Sounds like they are biting earlier right now. We didn't hit the water until 10pm last weekend and we started slow out of the gate and ended around 1:30am with 5 fish from 12 to 25 inches. Resident fish I'm sure. Glad you are getting the new boat tuned in for fall. I am doing the same.