• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Jim Uran

There are a few small lakes in the area that have been producing some nice eyes. Unfortunately I can't get my boat into them. My brother and his fishing partner were out Saturday night and ended up with 8 eyes some around 3-4 lbs. My cousin and a couple friends on another lake ended up catching 12 along with some really decent crappies and one 33" northern that put up a heck of a fight I guess. I went out once last weekend on a remote lake and scored a few northerns in the 3-4 pound range and had a decent walleye almost up to the boat but it got OFF . If the weather holds up this weekend I'm going to give a couple lakes a try. I've never fished in the fall. I usually switch to hunting but this year I'm gonna stay on the water. I seen a LOT of boats out on Tulaby lake last fall, I live like 2 miles from it so I gotta give it a shot. Does anyone have any experience fishing that lake in the fall?? Any tips they would like to give up grin.gif I'll post the results as I venture out through out the fall.

Dahitman44

Leech --

I have heard some good "whispers" about that lake. I don;t know any specific info but I have heard people talk about it. I will keep my ears open.

Hit

Jim Uran

well as promised I would post some results. THey aren't that great we went out on Tulaby on Saturday and managed a couple eyes. We trolled back and forth just east of the river in I don't know how deep of water because my locater took a dump on me and now I need to find a new one. But I got bit off a few times by pike and we managed a couple 14-15"ers on crawlers and spinners. I'm heading out there again the next decent evening.

Jim Uran

well we tried ol tulaby again on sunday morning. We pulled one decent eye, a football shaped 18"er, out of there in about 5-6' fow. We also got 5 northerns and a crappie that morning. We went out that evening and got the skunk. I don't know if it was the weather or what because I tell you that landing was empty for this time of year.

Jim Uran

As promised I'll keep on posting results. Did REALLY well over the weekend on an area lake. First morning out we caught 16 eyes and probably just as many decent crappies as well as a few bullheads of course. Sunday we caught a dozen eyes and the biggest being a Fat 26"er my brother caught. We caught the fish on shoreline structure in varying depths. Anywhere from 8-30'. HA HA Can't wait for next weekend.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

Announcements

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Borch
      I got out on the Cass Lake chain this weekend with a group of 10.  We found walleyes still hanging out shallow and scattered.   Jigging with shiners or gulp in 4-10 fow got several walleyes in the livewell.  With the heavy wind we also had a good daytime crank bite.  In the evening trolling cranks was productive as well.  Saturday morning I stuck a 43" musky trolling for eyes. Not a great photo but I was fishing by myself and wanted to get it released quickly. Panfish were hard to pin down with them bouncing shallow and then disappearing with each weather change.  With wind gusting to 25+ miles per hour finesse presentations were difficult. Water temps ranged from 53-60 degrees.
    • Knowknot
      I have to agree, always enjoy your videos Curt. Fun to see what is happening even from the southern part of the state...Keep em coming...
    • CigarGuy
      Chad, was that on the West end?  My turn to follow you around 😀. I'll be back up Thursday night!!
    • TomWehler
      Swim 9 am this morning.  No idea on temp but Major Shrinkage.  Coolimoolio! keep on rocken!   T  
    • pikeandchester
      Spent a couple hours on German. Slow fishing, just a couple small sunnies, the boy and I where happy to be out though.  Water temperature ranged from mid 60s to mid 70s. No fresh vegetation and dirty water. Must still be running a bit behind despite the warm weather.
    • Raven77
      Got to get the first fish guts on it yesterday!
    • Raven77
      Interesting. So the sows are still in shallow? We fished 10-24' the past 3 days and have done well with a lot of 14-18" eyes using Lindy rigs and rainbows.  
    • Raven77
      Here's my new boat.  Saw probably 30 Verados in the past 3 days on the east and and west ends.  
    • redlabguy
      We had two fishing tournaments this weekend. Walleyes on Saturday and bass on Sunday. I met the bass winners today and talked to them about their walleye win Saturday. That’s right, they won both!  On Saturday, they entered the walleye tournament but just because they were on the lake to pre-fish for bass. They fished with stick baits in shallow water, looking for bass beds. As shallow as 4’. And dang if they didn’t keep catching walleyes. Big ones, including 2 over 26”. 21 lbs. in all. Apparently, they’re pretty good at finding bass, too. Big $ weekend for them!
    • BRL
      Ugly Saturday on Norwegian Bay. One Pike off of Windsock Island, nothing else much to speak of. Cold and windy but finished off with a beautiful Evening. There were a couple of good eyes caught near the north end, a 27" and a couple in the slots but most boats didn't see much. I saw 2 caught in front of the beach at Life of Riley in a matter of a couple minutes.  Sunday morning we met up with some friends and went out of Tower. Dragging bottom bouncers with minnows in 24-32' produced 11 keepers between the 4 of us, largest about 16" and lots of throw backs. Best luck just off of Priest Island. 4 hours of fishing with everyone except me pulling them in the boat until the last 10 minutes I put two in the livewell. I broke off with 10 minutes to go and was going to quit when everyone said "no, keep going!"  Glad I did cause I finished strong and redeemed myself. Never give up!