• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anybody been out there lately, my father said that they were biting. I have some friends comming down from the crookston area and they would like to go walleye fishing?

I stay at the Sinclair Lewis campground and the report I got from a few of the guy's that fish it are they are biting but they are about 8 inches long.

Sifty

Don't know about the recent bite, but was out there last winter and the size is definitely on the small size. We did manage 3 keepers about 14" long out of the 12-15 we caught back then, (if I remember right) grin.gif

They are biting very well, but yoiu can fit your limit of six easily into a 5 quart ice cream pail. Majority are 8-11 inches long. Great place to bring kids. Fathead under a bobber does the trick. Once in a while you hear of someone getting a 18 inch hold over but not often. Guys from all over the country, telling everyone "they got their limit". Usually saying they were "good eating size". Have heard from people that they are soft when they clean them. But it is a hot bite right now.

• 2 weeks later...

I went by yesterday morning and there were 4 or 5 boats on the lake. I thought maybe they were pan fishing becuz they were all using bobbers. But after reading the other post they must have been after walters. Are there other fish in the lake like sunnies,bass, northerns?

No, from what my fathers friend(retired game warden) says, it was a walleye rearing pond, and they were having problems with larger fish eating all of the small ones, so they opened up to fishing a couple of years ago.